Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Just discovered this message board today and had a few questions.

I reserved my RS today, and expecting my dealer to say see you in the spring etc. However, he said he has another order from a guy in October for a RS, and he already has his serial number and everything, and expects the car towards the holidays. Which I found odd to say the least.

I read in a few threads that production starts in January. Is that US only? or worldwide? I know the production factory is Europe, so just trying to see when I would be getting my car.

I was planning my finances around spring, so it would actually be better for me for the car to arrive later than sooner. well at least for the wife lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all!

Just discovered this message board today and had a few questions.

I reserved my RS today, and expecting my dealer to say see you in the spring etc. However, he said he has another order from a guy in October for a RS, and he already has his serial number and everything, and expects the car towards the holidays. Which I found odd to say the least.

I read in a few threads that production starts in January. Is that US only? or worldwide? I know the production factory is Europe, so just trying to see when I would be getting my car.

I was planning my finances around spring, so it would actually be better for me for the car to arrive later than sooner. well at least for the wife lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Which dealer are you dealing with? I'm also from Montréal area. I put down a deposit of 1 000$ on February 2014 when the car was announced in Cologne with Desjardins Ford in Saint-Laurent but they tried to screw me on the price when was time to order. So I took my deposit back and placed my order on October 29th with another dealer. I have my DORA in hand and my order has been selected for scheduling. Expected delivery end of February begining of March.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
One of my local dealers called to tell me they have a allocation with a delivery date of June. Maybe a "second build" Duno I will visit today for more information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which dealer are you dealing with? I'm also from Montréal area. I put down a deposit of 1 000$ on February 2014 when the car was announced in Cologne with Desjardins Ford in Saint-Laurent but they tried to screw me on the price when was time to order. So I took my deposit back and placed my order on October 29th with another dealer. I have my DORA in hand and my order has been selected for scheduling. Expected delivery end of February begining of March.
hey, what price did they give you? The dealer I went to in laval was very upfront with me. The price matched the online price ( 48k or so) and the blue color which I took was 995 more I believe. interest rate was like 1.5 for buying, and 2.5 for leasing i believe.
Want me to PM you the dealer details and the agent?

Anything else I should know about? . I saw some people saying costco card gets you 500$ off?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my local dealers called to tell me they have a allocation with a delivery date of June. Maybe a "second build" Duno I will visit today for more information.
Thats good news for me actually, I mean I hope its that late. When did you put down your order? Keep me posted please :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey, what price did they give you? The dealer I went to in laval was very upfront with me. The price matched the online price ( 48k or so) and the blue color which I took was 995 more I believe. interest rate was like 1.5 for buying, and 2.5 for leasing i believe.

Anything else I should know about? . I saw some people saying costco card gets you 500$ off?
I put down the deposit back in May, my dealer told me spring/summer time. They are not sure when.
No incentives can't be applied to RS, not even the Costco one. However they took a photocopy of the card in case something changes later.
I couldn't get anything out of them in terms of the price except they won't charge the dealer admin fee and some discount on the extended warranty.
Interest rate was locked in at 1.49% for me.

This was at Erinwood Ford in Mississauga.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put down the deposit back in May, my dealer told me spring/summer time. They are not sure when.
No incentives can't be applied to RS, not even the Costco one. However they took a photocopy of the card in case something changes later.
I couldn't get anything out of them in terms of the price except they won't charge the dealer admin fee and some discount on the extended warranty.

Thanks for your reply. how much is the dealer admin fee or so?

I was gonna save the negotiations until I get the car and test it, and have a buddy who sales car who can give me a hand as well. anything i can do to save some money!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealer admin fee usually varies between $300 ~ $500.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for your reply. how much is the dealer admin fee or so?

I was gonna save the negotiations until I get the car and test it, and have a buddy who sales car who can give me a hand as well. anything i can do to save some money!
I don't think you'll find much wiggle room. Every dealership I've engaged stated MSRP (and thankfully not above like some places in the states) and with the limited allocations (most in the Toronto area had only 1) they won't have a shortage of folks willing to do MSRP.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Thats good news for me actually, I mean I hope its that late. When did you put down your order? Keep me posted please :)
Just back from my Dealer, ordered the Frozen White, I was asked for a very small deposit ( a show of faith if you will) it comes with the only offered Canadian package plus extra alloy wheels/winter tires and the car cover. I was offered 1.49% locked in or less if the rate is reduced. My delivery Date is in June, My dealer said it was a 2nd build, still sketchy duno if that means 2nd wave of factory builds or maybe it's the second allotment of orders who knows. Ford seems very tight lipped on details.

·
Registered
97 Posts

I got the car at MSRP 46 969$. Plus 995$ for NB and 1 600$ for shipping and handling. I'm looking at a total of 49 664+tx.
After the dealer in St-Laurent tried to screw me on the price and did not want to guarantee MSRP I went and placed my order with 440 Ford Lincoln in Laval. If you went with the same dealer the guy that ordered in October should be me. No other perks or discounts. I'll go back this week and see if I can lock in the 1,49% interest rate.

·
Registered
418 Posts

Be careful with erinwood they tried to tell me they have an allocation of 9. They also told me over a year wait. The guy was completely talking out of his ass. Canadian dealers have an allocation of 1 each. That's it. Leftover allocations (from dealers that didn't order one) are then distributed via lottery.

I was bored one day and called around other GTA dealers to see what they were telling people. Erinwood took the cake.

....I ordered min in October at my dealer in Milton. Doesn't look like its scheduled yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Be careful with erinwood they tried to tell me they have an allocation of 9. They also told me over a year wait. The guy was completely talking out of his ass. Canadian dealers have an allocation of 1 each. That's it. Leftover allocations (from dealers that didn't order one) are then distributed via lottery.

I was bored one day and called around other GTA dealers to see what they were telling people. Erinwood took the cake.

....I ordered min in October at my dealer in Milton. Doesn't look like its scheduled yet.
Similar experience with my email exchanges with Erinwood Ford. Humble brag responses about their SVT dealership status and saying they wouldn't likely be able to take my deposit with the amount they already had.

I just emailed around and found another dealership who's allocation hadn't been taken :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ive been told Summer arrival, mine is coming from the 2nd build cycle, I can't take delivery until July anyway due to my WRX being on lease until then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the car at MSRP 46 969$. Plus 995$ for NB and 1 600$ for shipping and handling. I'm looking at a total of 49 664+tx.
After the dealer in St-Laurent tried to screw me on the price and did not want to guarantee MSRP I went and placed my order with 440 Ford Lincoln in Laval. If you went with the same dealer the guy that ordered in October should be me. No other perks or discounts. I'll go back this week and see if I can lock in the 1,49% interest rate.
I went to the other one in laval, on St-martin. When I called 440, they told they were out. For the 1.5% rate that was for purchase correct? my dealer told me it was locked in and if there were better rebates / deal when the car is out, I could apply for them. there was a promotion for free winter gear / tires, but he wasnt sure if it would apply since the ST doesnt. He said if it would, it would be retroactive since winter will be over when car is out i think.

Did they give you any ETA? Ideally, I want my car later rather than sooner, so Summer would be good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I want mine to come for summer too, when did you order?
Yesterday, but they know that whenever it arrives i cant have it until late July. So if its early it"ll prob' sit in the showroom as eye candy lol. Not counting my chickens though untill i get confirmation the order is placed.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Are you the first one at your dealer?
Apparently I'm the 3rd one at this dealer. Sounds like I might end up waiting till 2017.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts