Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
All builds have been suspended till end February per the Ford letter. You can safely ignore everything your dealer is telling you lol.
Any word on whether production has started up again and whether they fixed the problems?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got out of my Ford Dealership. Apparently this quality issue has been going on for several weeks BEFORE they released this letter.
They are looking into whether the original build start date of January 16 yielded a vehicle (or part of one) prior to the QA challenges. Will keep you posted as I receive more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
All builds have been suspended till end February per the Ford letter. You can safely ignore everything your dealer is telling you lol.
This is my second build date. According to my dealer the first build date was axed and all the orders were kicked back to the dealers and reordered. This is a post delay build date, according to my dealer. I will know for sure in the next couple weeks as I'm told I will have my VIN.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got a build date. It appears my NB RS is getting build on March 8th:triumphant:
After all we might see some Canadian deliveries by the end of April.
Same here! Build date of March 14th. Lets hope they don't get pushed back too far.

I heard approximately 1-2 months after build to get it over here. Hopefully its closer to 1 month.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was in with my dealer here in BC today and they said no builds have been scheduled yet. I also called Ford Canada and they confirmed same. Not sure if that is simply BC or Western Canada. Originally I was scheduled for January 16 .......
This is a real let down

·
Registered
372 Posts
Was in with my dealer here in BC today and they said no builds have been scheduled yet. I also called Ford Canada and they confirmed same. Not sure if that is simply BC or Western Canada. Originally I was scheduled for January 16 .......
This is a real let down

Order J050, build date March 18. Posted in order status thread. I also have my VIN. Fingers crossed everything goes through.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am happy to be Selected for Scheduling as my dealer just advised me, so at least I know my car will be built. I'm okay waiting (for now). Just relieved my order won't be like dkirby's (sorry for him). But waiting is fun, right? Sort of?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I won't lie. It feels good. I've been in "Selected for Scheduling" for a while now. As of today I've moved up (literally on @mboles2 Order Status Thread) to the Group of select few in "Scheduled" status. Not going to get too excited as I've seen people get dropped back down to "Selected", but I will enjoy it for now. Can't wait to move up further to the even more exclusive "Produced" Club. Mar22 is a long ways away, and anything can happen, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As always, big shout out to @mboles2 and @dkirby (sorry for the crap news you received) for keeping us up to date. Greatly appreciated! Cheers fellas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can add another Canadian build my just moved to a date of the 21st also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If a serial number has been allocated and the words "locked?" are on the latest dealer information what does that mean?

It also notes in a section called Primary - "In Production" and in the section Secondary says - "sent to plant" and vehicle location is at the "Germany Plant".

Thanks and great forum that I just joined.

Shane

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer contacted my saying my order was locked but he had no other information. So I gather that is a good thing

·
Registered
217 Posts
Were some Canadian dealers able to put their orders in before others? I was inquiring about this, and it seemed like dealers (in Alberta at least) were able to input orders into the system starting March 1st.
I put a deposit down for my dealer's 1 allocation, but all they told me was that they had a meeting with their Ford Scheduler and it's been pushed back another month. He then said from the time it starts building, it takes ~2 weeks for a VIN. Not sure if BS or not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On mboles2's list I'm scheduled for Mar 18 as well for an Alberta bound RS. Looks like there are a number of cars scheduled for production in the next couple of weeks. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Saw on Purchasing Forum, RS has already started landing at dealers in the US. Hopefully Canada is not too far behind!

41 - 60 of 162 Posts