Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dealers in California willing to do MSRP? I've been trying and trying but couldn't find a single one, plus a lot have been quite condescending; it's really turning me off from the brand. I thought only BMW pulled this crap. I bought an STI last year and it was easy compared to this.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
from what I can tell, you live in the snake pit of ford salesmen and you are a juicy rat.
you may want to see if you can get a california emission (50 state) compliant car from another state.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is California still that bad when it comes to inflexible dealerships and horrible markups? I've bought numerous Ford vehicles over the years, and it's always had to be out of state.

I guess I will have to be looking to buy out of state again. I'm tired of wasting my lunch hours visiting numerous dealerships only to hear they will be doing 5k or more ADMs.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
sadly, the general consensus around here is that it wont be getting any better.
heard mention of insane markups and in one case an auction for an allocation. pretty ****ty but this car will be worth the hassle from all angles that I can see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely worth the hassle, no car is worth the ADM though.

I wish Ford would at least try the Tesla manufacturer direct sale model.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hey, I know you're looking for MSRP, but if you don't have any luck soon, my dealer is doing $1,500 ADM (for people that I refer) which while it still isn't MSRP, its better than the 10k some crazies are asking for. PM me if you want his details.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Is California still that bad when it comes to inflexible dealerships and horrible markups? I've bought numerous Ford vehicles over the years, and it's always had to be out of state.

I guess I will have to be looking to buy out of state again. I'm tired of wasting my lunch hours visiting numerous dealerships only to hear they will be doing 5k or more ADMs.
Hey Rencoria,

I contacted a few San Diego dealers and most of them want $1500- $2500.
I am sitting on one that do MSRP but they told me they put in the order with 7 others as "bulk orders". i don't know what does that mean but without order number and confirmation number, i don't count it.
1 of the $1500 i was about visit but i don't want to drive 3 hours back and forward, (i am in orange county) so i gave up on that.
If $1500 is fine for you. Pm me and i will send you their contacts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Same boat here... I live in the OC and it just seems that most are charging some amount of ADM.
I wish I had gotten on the list of some Colorado or nearby states dealers that were selling MSRP :/

Definitely willing to take a plane and then enjoy a nice drive back to CA while in the new ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Rencoria,

I contacted a few San Diego dealers and most of them want $1500- $2500.
I am sitting on one that do MSRP but they told me they put in the order with 7 others as "bulk orders". i don't know what does that mean but without order number and confirmation number, i don't count it.
1 of the $1500 i was about visit but i don't want to drive 3 hours back and forward, (i am in orange county) so i gave up on that.
If $1500 is fine for you. Pm me and i will send you their contacts.

Good luck.
Thank You ccko. Really appreciate it, but I don't want to pay ADM out of principle.

1500 is nothing compared to the sales tax alone, but I wouldn't even enjoy the car if I knew I paid ADM. It's like saying "hey man let me buy the car but here's some more money on top of your profit for the privilege of letting me buy the car."

I'll let you guys know if I find a dealer in the SOCAL area that's willing to do MSRP.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yup, heard 3K, 4k+2k dealer package BS, 5k, 10k and every 15k ADM.....

I was wondering why no one try Arizona?
I actually copy a list of ford dealer in Arizona and wanted to call them. However, I am already fed up with all the calling, pricing, Salesmen's lies, and deal with drop ship or drive back.
So i accepted $1500

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, heard 3K, 4k+2k dealer package BS, 5k, 10k and every 15k ADM.....

I was wondering why no one try Arizona?
I actually copy a list of ford dealer in Arizona and wanted to call them. However, I am already fed up with all the calling, pricing, Salesmen's lies, and deal with drop ship or drive back.
So i accepted $1500
Same here, my local dealer wouldn't tell me ADM while others were quoting 20k (ffff that).

I tried Arizona too, Sanderson Ford, and they were pretty pleasant to deal with but were upfront about being out of allocations--so I respect them for that.

I got tired of the hassle too and just went out of state yesterday and put an order down for MSRP, PM me if you want contact details, they haven't sent an order confirmation but everything seems legitimate and the salesperson sounded very knowledgeable. I won't consider it legit until i receive an order confirmation though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my Washington dealership didn't have the allocation, turns out they had sold out in the morning, back to square one again.

I'm a faithful ford customer, hell I bought their mark lt and still have it, I'm really thinking of saying a big F.U to the brand in general now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well my Washington dealership didn't have the allocation, turns out they had sold out in the morning, back to square one again.

I'm a faithful ford customer, hell I bought their mark lt and still have it, I'm really thinking of saying a big F.U to the brand in general now.
The Mark LT didn't make you want to do that?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I know you're looking for MSRP, but if you don't have any luck soon, my dealer is doing $1,500 ADM (for people that I refer) which while it still isn't MSRP, its better than the 10k some crazies are asking for. PM me if you want his details.
your in SOCAL ? Up here they want 3k over MSRP. I would be interested if he has one for that

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
your in SOCAL ? Up here they want 3k over MSRP. I would be interested if he has one for that
Yep! I'm in the LA/OC area and he does indeed have more available at $1,500 ADM. PM me if you want the details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same boat here... I live in the OC and it just seems that most are charging some amount of ADM.
I wish I had gotten on the list of some Colorado or nearby states dealers that were selling MSRP :/

Definitely willing to take a plane and then enjoy a nice drive back to CA while in the new ride.
but then we dont get the 6 year CARB Exemption ?? from the CARB nazis so we have to REG every 2 years ! I still have not smogged by 2011 R-SPEC !

·
Registered
145 Posts
but then we dont get the 6 year CARB Exemption ?? from the CARB nazis so we have to REG every 2 years ! I still have not smogged by 2011 R-SPEC !
I think it's fine as long as they have that sticker saying that they are certified for all states (or in our case at least CA).

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Definitely worth the hassle, no car is worth the ADM though.

I wish Ford would at least try the Tesla manufacturer direct sale model.
They'd get sued REAL quick by the dealers union. Bunch of scumbags these CA dealers.

Thank You ccko. Really appreciate it, but I don't want to pay ADM out of principle.

1500 is nothing compared to the sales tax alone, but I wouldn't even enjoy the car if I knew I paid ADM. It's like saying "hey man let me buy the car but here's some more money on top of your profit for the privilege of letting me buy the car."

I'll let you guys know if I find a dealer in the SOCAL area that's willing to do MSRP.
EXACTLY...ADM is bs on this car. The ENTIRE APPEAL for this car is the bang for the buck that Ford intended to have, with an ADM that goes out the window.

Can't blame the brand though, not much they can do, dealers are independent businesses for the most part. They're not going to threaten a dealer for marking up a car. I doubt they encourage it. The only thing they CAN do to fight the dealers this is to produce the car to demand. I sure as hell hope they didn't go through all this trouble to compete with the STI, Golf R, S3...only to get people buying those cars instead because they can be had for below MSRP due to their abundance.

I think it's fine as long as they have that sticker saying that they are certified for all states (or in our case at least CA).
Is this confirmed? I mentioned going out of state to my local dealer's GM and he said "it's not as simple as that" and didn't elaborate.

Is this true?? What a shame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They'd get sued REAL quick by the dealers union. Bunch of scumbags these CA dealers.

EXACTLY...ADM is bs on this car. The ENTIRE APPEAL for this car is the bang for the buck that Ford intended to have, with an ADM that goes out the window.

Can't blame the brand though, not much they can do, dealers are independent businesses for the most part. They're not going to threaten a dealer for marking up a car. I doubt they encourage it. The only thing they CAN do to fight the dealers this is to produce the car to demand. I sure as hell hope they didn't go through all this trouble to compete with the STI, Golf R, S3...only to get people buying those cars instead because they can be had for below MSRP due to their abundance.
Yeah it's BS about not being able to sell direct, but I'm confident that once Tesla becomes more high volume, and Google and Apple get into the mix, Ford dealers will have to either play nice or step aside. Things are going to change in the auto industry and that's one of the main reasons why I want to purchase this car.

Even though Ford can't really threaten dealers, they should at least take a stance in saying publicly they discourage ADMs, maybe they already did and I missed it, but until then they are just as culpable in my mind--after all I'm just a consumer.
I'm just making noise to this end to see if the Ford rep on the forum sees this and sees what a lot of us are going through to order this car. It's just like you said: what makes this car interesting is the price point, if I'm being told that the ADM is 5k and I want an Rs2 package with Michelin PS2s, with California tax I'm looking at over 50k!! I love this car, and I love the heritage, but 50k is a slap in the face.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
About this Discussion
78 Replies
27 Participants
DeltaT
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing