Ford Focus RS Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
You wouldnt be saying that if you had 2 GEN111 engines replaced due to oil consumption and piston slap issues back in 2005 !!! Short memory or just not old enough? :)

Ciao
The C7 has quite a few issues as well. The C8 won't be much different. Although the LT2 should mostly be fine given that it isn't much different from the LT1 besides the dry sump setup. The DCT should bring serious concerns, however.

·
5,586 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, i'm a C6 Z06 owner, a former Focus RS owner, 2015 M6 Chevy SS owner, and a Charger Hellcat owner.
My C6 Z is what ruined GM for me. Up through that, I had only owned GMs. Had to have the valve guides repaired twice while I owned it, and could never fully trust it after that. Also had the engine out due to a lifter failure. Absolutely ridiculous. My buddy had the same issue with his C6 ZR1 as well. Sold it and got my 6 spd Challenger Hellcat. That engine has been flawless...the chassis does leave a bit to be desired, however. I'd love a ZL1, but the LT4 has that ridiculously tiny 1.7L supercharger....stupid decision by GM. I suppose they had to save "room" for the C7 ZR1.

As for the C8...It isn't really calling to me.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
My C6 Z is what ruined GM for me. Up through that, I had only owned GMs. Had to have the valve guides repaired twice while I owned it, and could never fully trust it after that. Also had the engine out due to a lifter failure. Absolutely ridiculous. My buddy had the same issue with his C6 ZR1 as well. Sold it and got my 6 spd Challenger Hellcat. That engine has been flawless...the chassis does leave a bit to be desired, however. I'd love a ZL1, but the LT4 has that ridiculously tiny 1.7L supercharger....stupid decision by GM. I suppose they had to save "room" for the C7 ZR1.

As for the C8...It isn't really calling to me.
Lmmfao...the "value issue" has reached out and touched the RS forum. Chicken little lives on...To many stock LS7 on CF with high mileage...not sure if real...jmho

·
Super Moderator
15,511 Posts

61 - 67 of 67 Posts