Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I've already decided there's a C8 in my future. Not new though, will have to wait a few years.

But will either be a Z51 or a GrandSport with a few miles on it. I don't think the Z06's will enter my price range for about 7 years or so.
Totally agree.

For me the Z06 will be way more car than I'll ever need. A mid engine Grand Sport would be *perfect* for the roads and tracks we have access to here.

·
Registered
246 Posts
This thing basically killed the Supra, Cayman, Z4, F-type, AMG GT and more. Demand will be insane.
Exactly what I was thinking. F the supra, I'm getting a vette for MSRP!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think this new Vette threatens a lot more than its natural rivals. Who would even look at a Z4 or 370z after this? This is not only going to steal customers away from the Cayman/Boxster, but also the 911 snobs. This took the wind away out of the sails of the gt500 launch too. I foresee sales dips for everyone- and that includes Audi, Mercedes, and even McLaren. Those with more money than sense will still gravitate to more exclusive brands, but plenty of exotic car buyers value their dollar too.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This will be the so called beast and for you and the rest of us we own the “Baby Beast”:encouragement:

I think the real question is how reliable this car is going to be? I would love to own this car and hope they have a Grand Sport version soon:usa::usa::usa:
My original plan was to let the Baby Beast go..Not sure if I keep it or my 13Z06 ...C8Z is mostly likely a year or two away....

·
Super Moderator
16,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

See the 2020 Chevy Corvette in Every Color Available

The C8's palette is impressively diverse, including blue, red, yellow, orange, and even brown.

·
Super Moderator
16,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Base C8 has a top speed of 194mph. Thats not bad. 0-60 is probably in the low 3 second region without the Z51 package.

I priced mine out.

I'd be plenty happy with a 2LT, Z51, and MagRide. Which would put my C8 around the 75k mark.

Can't wait for them to be a few years old, will be watching closely for them as they fall in price.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got mine ordered!, day after it was released. Should get it around March :/.I'll be keeping the RS as well considering how much I'm spending on it to hit the 600whp mark lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
I got mine ordered!, day after it was released. Should get it around March :/.I'll be keeping the RS as well considering how much I'm spending on it to hit the 600whp mark lol
That's awesome! A 600hp rally rocket with a 500hp track weapon... so sick. Make sure to post some pics of them lined up together.

What specs you order the C8 in?

Reactions: RS perry

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's awesome! A 600hp rally rocket with a 500hp track weapon... so sick. Make sure to post some pics of them lined up together.

What specs you order the C8 in?
I'm getting the z51 of course, in zues bronze! I'll probably wrap it but that color on the CTS-v is to die for. With 2lt package, I'd go 1lt but 2lt comes with PDR, and heads up display which I had on my last Corvette C7 and loved it. Ooh and competition seats. Able Chevrolet in Rio vista, is no mark up so of anyone else is interested!

·
Super Moderator
16,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I’m struggling with my inner self, trying to become a Corvette fan. The Hellcat / Demon is pointless IMHO. (anybody can build an unbalanced car)
They both have an appearance factor, but neither goes any further than that for me.
i‘m supposedly a car guy, I wonder what’s going on?

·
Registered
2016 RS
94 Posts
wish this was mine!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts