Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever randomly get c0036 for the abs/speed sensor tone ring.

my abs light recently came on and when I used forscan to look up why it came up with c0036 tone ring left rear. I pulled up the speed sensors and in the left rear when you hit ~10mph the speed sensor goes from reading the speed to reading 158.4mph. Every time you turn the car off the abs light goes away and when you start moving again it comes back.

I checked the abs and brake fuses in the engine compartment and cleaned the electrical connection and used some electrical grease to help the connection. It's has not made any difference. My next step is to clean the tone ring using a light cleaner and check the wiring and sensor for voltage and continuity.

anyone who has had this issue come up please share information on it. I’m not sure what the voltage and OHMS should be for the sensor but as long as it’s not a 0 then it’s a good sign the sensor is okay.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A couple of items: could be a dirty tone ring with magnetic rust or dust particles or more seriously a rear wheel bearing just not bad enough to make noise yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of items: could be a dirty tone ring with magnetic rust or dust particles or more seriously a rear wheel bearing just not bad enough to make noise yet.
right on, thanks for the reply,I’m working on cleaning the ring which seemed to have quite a bit of dust and dirt build up it. Using IPA and as the cleaning agent. I’m hoping it works but I’ll check out the rear wheel bearing next.

·
Registered
172 Posts
India Pale Ale? Possibly a waste of good beer!
I just use brake parts cleaner or a citrus based general purpose solvent I have and blow off the residue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
India Pale Ale? Possibly a waste of good beer!
I just use brake parts cleaner or a citrus based general purpose solvent I have and blow off the residue.
Rubbing alcohol to clean off the surface.
anyway this is what came up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts