Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been away from here for a number of years after moving on my Black RS delivered in Aug 2016 due to growing family etc etc.

Well the time has come to get back in the game so looking at buying a low k secondhand.

Any key things to look out for?

Currently enquiring on a White RS with Black Standard Wheels at City Ford , if by chance the previous owner is on here would love some background on the car.

Cheers and looking forward to that RS feeling again.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Hi All,

Been away from here for a number of years after moving on my Black RS delivered in Aug 2016 due to growing family etc etc.

Well the time has come to get back in the game so looking at buying a low k secondhand.

Currently enquiring on a White RS with Black Standard Wheels at City Ford , if by chance the previous owner is on here would love some background on the car.

Buy one made October 17 or later. Preferably as late as possible, an LE version.

Ciao

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi All,

Hey mate, jump into some facebook rs Australia groups. They are more active then this Australia forum. There are also a few people selling their cars on there, some with really low km’s.
Good luck, i second getting post 2017 like an LE to avoid any headgasket issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Was there a definitive month for the C gasket? July or August onward engine build something like that? Funny @Mossop13 not the only one thats come around the re-buy circle :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Whats the thinking behind the rebuy? I mean, if I was in the same boat I would look at other cars for something different.
You guys should test drive the i30N and Civic Type R. There are others as well.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Was there a definitive month for the C gasket? July or August onward engine build something like that? Funny @Mossop13 not the only one thats come around the re-buy circle :)
Any ENGINE build date post June 14 2017 (that's the earliest date recorded here for the C gasket from the factory,although there may be earlier, say from June 1st. My April 17 built engine was old gasket) should have the later gasket. Its really easy to tell with a torch and the bonnet up. Takes all of 20 seconds to see if its the C gasket. Best way to be certain.

Ciao

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whats the thinking behind the rebuy? I mean, if I was in the same boat I would look at other cars for something different.
You guys should test drive the i30N and Civic Type R. There are others as well.
It's interesting I've found a lot of people who have an AWD car don't bother looking at some impressive FWD cars. Sounds like the OP was forced out of theirs and wants to experience it again.

For flying under the radar the I30N would be great. Type R, IMHO, probably the best hot hatch available for a reasonable price but I couldn't bother buying a 4 seater that was a 5 seater and don't like the looks. The Megane RS looks amazing, but a bit too expensive at the moment, and not as exciting or engaging as my Megane III.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hi All,

Hi Mossop13,
Hi fellow RS owners
Just wanted to inform Mossop, I have decided to sell my 2018 Ford Focus RS. The main thing to know is if one of these RS's (2016-July 2017) has had head gasket issues or not. They should have all had at least the gasket replaced. I believe they also tested compression on one of the 4 cylinders to verify if they needed that fix as well. I believe someone even wrote the car was salvaged after the huge Recall (whether Ford called it a recall or not). I don't know how it would have been a salvage, just what I saw someone write. Anyway, my Red RS was build after the time the car(s) needed to be recalled on their engines. My RS is fully wrapped in a clear bra from Ghost Shield. I'm asking what Carfax told was Retail plus $2000 for half of the cost of the wrap. I.e. I'm asking $38,000. I have a car fax I can send and the mileage is 18,000. BTW I also purchased a skid plate to protect the low front end.
Lee 310-420-1362.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hi Mossop13,
Hi fellow RS owners
Just wanted to inform Mossop, I have decided to sell my 2018 Ford Focus RS. The main thing to know is if one of these RS's (2016-July 2017) has had head gasket issues or not. They should have all had at least the gasket replaced. I believe they also tested compression on one of the 4 cylinders to verify if they needed that fix as well. I believe someone even wrote the car was salvaged after the huge Recall (whether Ford called it a recall or not). I don't know how it would have been a salvage, just what I saw someone write. Anyway, my Red RS was build after the time the car(s) needed to be recalled on their engines. My RS is fully wrapped in a clear bra from Ghost Shield. I'm asking what Carfax told was Retail plus $2000 for half of the cost of the wrap. I.e. I'm asking $38,000. I have a car fax I can send and the mileage is 18,000. BTW I also purchased a skid plate to protect the low front end.
Lee 310-420-1362.
Also, The full write up is on Craigslist Ventura County California

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mossop - get an '18. Head gasket will have, left front of engine a protrusion sticking out with a small brass round rivet. Just ask the salesman to take a photo and send to you. Mine did. All July 2017 builds and on (2018s) have it but always check the head gasket pix to verify. The window sticker will also say Limited Slip Diff under "Functional" description. That's a 2018.

·
Registered
494 Posts
We don't get the window stickers over here......
And we only get the LSD in the Limited Edition models
It might be an option you can pay extra for if you bought a brand new non LE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts