Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Wow that is ambitious. Just for lack of headache, the later built 2017's and 2018's are the ones that didn't need major engine work. Beyond that for your purposes they're all the 'same'. (The later ones had some carbon fiber parts and a different front differential) If you are buying from a Ford dealership and it's a 2016 or early-mid 2017 model, the NUMBER ONE QUESTION to ask (and verify) is if the headgasket has been replaced. If it hasn't, walk away and purchase one that has. Linked is the customer satisfaction program put in place for those engines that needed work.
Congrats on your engagement.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that is ambitious. Just for lack of headache, the later built 2017's and 2018's are the ones that didn't need major engine work. Beyond that for your purposes they're all the 'same'. If you are buying from a Ford dealership and it's a 2016 or early-mid 2017 model, the NUMBER ONE QUESTION to ask (and verify) is if the headgasket has been replaced. If it hasn't, walk away and purchase one that has. Linked is the customer satisfaction program put in place for those engines that needed work.
Congrats on your engagement.

Well greatly appreciate that info! thank you 😁

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An RS cake is very cool.
I was going to ask, if the cake exchange would be dainty, or leave body damage on the cake?
Heres what Martha says…(I still can’t visualize her hangin with Snoop)
The History of the Wedding Cake Smash
Very interesting but for what I am paying for the cake I will not be smashing it. Plus didnt collision on it 🤣

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wasn't there someone else on here who was getting married and his fiancé said his RS must go? Maybe you can get the car from him or maybe some other trade? LOL.

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Wasn't there someone else on here who was getting married and his fiancé said his RS must go? Maybe you can get the car from him or maybe some other trade? LOL.

no,no,no....... you can't trade fiance's.

It's also at my side of the country:

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
627 Posts
no,no,no....... you can't trade fiance's.

It's also at my side of the country:

That is a really nice RS(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I don't know why he marry a chick who would say his RS must go! I'm doing everything I possibly can to get my fiance one lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just saying...

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 97 Posts