Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't want to go through the fuss of trying to find an allocated car at MSRP, and from reading other people's posts on the forums, it seems like it is quite a weighty task. If I were to wait for all the allocated cars to be sold and sent out to their respective owners, and purchased a non allocated car after that, does anyone have any estimate of when that would be? Do you guys think the dealerships will have them to sell by around the end of summer? If not, when do you think it will be? Also, what would your best advice be for me to get an RS asap, without having to pay over MSRP and without having to deal with the mess that is the allocated cars. Thanks

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
No one has any idea of the answer to your first two questions - they have effectively been asked many times but there is no info right now.

For your third question, "best advice be for me to get an RS asap, without having to pay over MSRP and without having to deal with the mess that is the allocated cars", see the answer above.

Allocated cars are committed vehicles in the planned pipeline. No allocation, no commitment, at least not yet and probably not until all the allocated car have been built.

If you really want an RS, search far and wide for someone with a true (verifiable) allocation. There's no super-easy way to get one of these, although some of the earlier people (and a few of the later ones) have been lucky and had a pretty quick ordering experience.

But some of use have been lied to, given false or wrong info, etc. so do the work to find a good dealer with an allocation. I live in CA but found MSRP in Pennsylvania by busting a hump, using Google and making lots of calls. At MSRP, the deal is NOT going to come to you.

I'd say good luck but luck has only a little to do with it - put the work in. Good hunting!

Jim

·
Registered
111 Posts
My advise would be to call every Ford dealer you can. Check dealer websites and see what they have for ST models. The more of those they sell the more likely they are to have be allotted RS'. You're a bit late for a MY16 RS, but you may get lucky. Don't be afraid to contact dealers in other states. I was lucky and found one at MSRP from a dealer 1,000 miles away. I'm having mine dropped shipped direct from Germany to a dealer 15 minutes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Switzerland so I don't know if you have this possibility in US.
I went the direct import route. We have companies here that buy the car for you from the factory directly. They make the changes necessary to the car to be compliant with the Switzerland law (usally easy since EU law is almost the same).
For me the price is 6000 CHF less than MSRP (rougly 10% cheaper).
I don't know if its the factory, or ford germany, or ford europe, that gave my import company a 60 weeks to deliver (around january 2017).
In january/february 2016 they should give me a more precise window.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you really want an RS, search far and wide for someone with a true (verifiable) allocation
Jim
Thanks for the great advice! I was wondering how I go about verifying the allocation before purchase? From reading the many other posts I've seen that dealers have often scammed people by selling them normal orders claiming that they were "allocated", but how would I go about making sure it's allocated before actually putting down the down payment. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I accepted an email from the GM of the dealership as proof that A) They had at least one allocation and B) That my order took one of the allocation spots. Anyone lower down the food chain wasn't acceptable to me after my bad experience at Perry Ford San Luis Obispo. Don't be afraid to look on their sites to find the GM's name and contact info - most dealers have an "About our Staff" link with names, pictures and contacts.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
DeltaT
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing