1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Fun stuff! Time to get a 3d printer

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
That's pretty awesome. Ford is doing a great job at creating new hype and differentiating themselves with the younger generation down to little details like this. I like.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at it they have the same brakes on the front and rear (likely just cloned the front wheel to back) and Euro fog light. I ordered the STL file, will see if Ford approves it. I want to play with 3D Builder in Windows 10 anyway and with this as the subject I'll be interested in it. First edit, if I can edit, will be the delete rear fog, next would be changing rear brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I finally got my print after delays on their end (guessing they were not setup to handle the demand from the printed purchases). The quality to me is sub-par. I understand the print is not going to be smooth and such, but the clean up of the print is the issue. The rear wing area was a total mess and still needs a lot of trimming. The front and rear bumpers and the side skirts were over filed/sanded, so I can't really fix that. But I own a Ford Licensed 2016 Focus RS, hope the real ones have better attention to detail.

I did get the STL file, but not had time to find and editor or converter to and editor I like yet. I was hoping to use SketchUp, but it will not import with the 3rd party plugin.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the info! I was all set to order at least one, but I was worried about stuff like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I finally got my print after delays on their end (guessing they were not setup to handle the demand from the printed purchases). The quality to me is sub-par. I understand the print is not going to be smooth and such, but the clean up of the print is the issue. The rear wing area was a total mess and still needs a lot of trimming. The front and rear bumpers and the side skirts were over filed/sanded, so I can't really fix that. But I own a Ford Licensed 2016 Focus RS, hope the real ones have better attention to detail.

I did get the STL file, but not had time to find and editor or converter to and editor I like yet. I was hoping to use SketchUp, but it will not import with the 3rd party plugin.
I just ordered the file myself. Unfortunately it's not an instant DL. What a crock. I've got SolidWorks so I can save this to a different format if you'd like once I finally get the file.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Got mine printed yesterday at the maker lab at Syracuse University. It's nice, but need a lot of clean up as noted. Mine was printed hollow, might be better if it was printed solid. Plus, I wanted it in 1/18 scale and the assistant didn't hear that so it's smaller than I want it to be. Back to the printer!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I uploaded pics to my server, but apache is mad at my attempts at virtual hosting right now so the site is offline. I may get time this weekend to continue working on the virtual hosting setup.

·
Super Moderator
15,320 Posts
I have my 2015 FiST and 2016 FoRS on the way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's pretty awesome. Ford is doing a great job at creating new hype and differentiating themselves with the younger generation down to little details like this. I like.
I agree. I've never really been a Ford guy myself but they keep putting out cars you can't ignore and they've really caught my attention. I wanted an STI forever but now the FoRS has really caught my eye. So I'd say they're marketing has worked big time, especially among car enthusiasts. I love how they even have the Fiesta ST, so they can appeal to those who love to drive but don't have super high budgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
BigZman95
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing