Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once they take the first part out of the crate and throw a screwdriver to it how long does it take for the car to come out with the driver pulling it out of the factory awaiting delivery?
Any ideas

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'd say Thursday. Monday everyone hates. Tuesday you've still got 4 more days. Wednesday, it's only half way. Thursday, eff yeah it's Friday tomorrow! Friday, I can't wait to get the hell out of this place.

That's what I'm like anyways ;p

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 84 Fiero started down the line Friday of a long weekend and finished Tuesday morning - the worst of all possible combinations. The warranty file read like a rather large book!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Ouch, the perfect storm of $hitty build quality!

Jim

·
Registered
317 Posts
What percent is hand built vs robot?
R there different quality controls for a limited production vehicle vs regular?
Do u think the worker would be more psyched 2 build a RS than a regular focus and perhaps do a better job?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was thinking that they are use to building BMW, Audi, Porsche, gotta be some wicked quality control and high build fit going on there...at least I hope so. Also hope that the above makers rejects are not working for Ford..lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone know the date the assembly line actually starts?
Supose to be starting in January. I think thats what anyone knows so far, some are scheduled already. I dont know which countries goes first but we'll have to go with the flow.

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
What percent is hand built vs robot?
R there different quality controls for a limited production vehicle vs regular?
Do u think the worker would be more psyched 2 build a RS than a regular focus and perhaps do a better job?
As close to all robot as possible I'm sure.

Line guys won't give a crap. They have a job to do in x time and don't care what model is in front of them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
As close to all robot as possible I'm sure.

Line guys won't give a crap. They have a job to do in x time and don't care what model is in front of them.
This isn't so true in Germany. Those guys take a lot more pride in their work.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
This isn't so true in Germany. Those guys take a lot more pride in their work.
Porsche, maybe. The rest... Eh..... I'd much rather it be built in Japan. :shrug: compared to US built not sure which I'd prefer US vs Germany. I don't see either as better than the other. Component quality will be interesting to see. German suppliers or US shipped over?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
29 Participants
DFD_RS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing