Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a definitive number. Some people say 2000, some 4000, and some say ford will keep making them indefinitely until the current Focus generation ends. I hope once january comes and people can actually drive it, ford releases solid info. The uncertainty around the car makes me uneasy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Using history as a guide the amount of uncertainty in orders placed and the fact that this isnt a "normal" production car, why/how is everyone so certain that a '17' model will be made? Ford isnt making this car to make buckets of money, its made to set a new standard and remain a strong industry force from a global aspect. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the RS this year and then nothing until the new model comes out.

I suppose the 4000 # sounds right, provided orders are placed.

As long as mine gets scheduled, this guy will be happy!

·
Registered
47 Posts
A company is always out there to make money on a product.
I know this car is for a niche market. However I believe their entire RS strategy sort of changed when they announced this will be a global product rather than a specific market focused as it always has been.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can anyone recall a limited production number car where the manufacturer didn't state how many would be made? I can't... Even when the GT350 first came out Ford specified numbers. Personally, I think this whole allocation thing is for the first run, then they'll produce as they can until this body focus ends. Its "limited" in that sense and also how not all of Saarlouis will make the RS 24/7...not that there is a set cap. I hope I'm right lol

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
In time we'll know more about the numbers towards the end of the production run, everything so far is speculation.

Ford Performance Group will most likely be offering certificates with production and specs information.

This is what FPG did when the ST first came out and the certificate cost $45.

With the certificate you would receive:

Total production number

Your production number

Amount of cars made in your color

Amount of cars made in your trim level

Also you'll be able to call FPG and get your build information for free if you don't want to purchase the certificate.

·
Registered
320 Posts
In time we'll know more about the numbers towards the end of the production run, everything so far is speculation.
That's what leads me to think there is no set number.
Knowing numbers at the start of production = true limited production car
Knowing numbers at the end of production = produce as they can

The RS won't be like other Focuses (or most domestic cars, for that matter) where you can walk into a dealership, pick from their inventory of 15+ available, then drive home. It will be made to order because its low-volume and limited that way. The STI is "limited" too... only a small number are made and you have to order one which is why there's up to a 6-month wait list now (in Canada at least).

That's just my speculation anyway... only time will tell for sure.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yeah nothing is confirmed at this point. What we do know is that the current Focus has been in production since 2012 so it'll be due for a ground up redesign soon. My guess is 2018 will debut the redesigned next generation Focus.

Based on the fact that previous Ford RS models have had limited runs, I'd venture a guess that the 2016's will be built to allocation like some others have said, and the 2017's will be produced on a by-order basis and to fill any unscheduled 2016 orders at the end of that run. I'd also bet that the Focus RS disappears from the next generation Focus at least initially. Time will tell........

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yeah nothing is confirmed at this point. What we do know is that the current Focus has been in production since 2012 so it'll be due for a ground up redesign soon. My guess is 2018 will debut the redesigned next generation Focus.

Based on the fact that previous Ford RS models have had limited runs, I'd venture a guess that the 2016's will be built to allocation like some others have said, and the 2017's will be produced on a by-order basis and to fill any unscheduled 2016 orders at the end of that run. I'd also bet that the Focus RS disappears from the next generation Focus at least initially. Time will tell........
Automotive Manufacturers change their model design every 5-6 years. However, require suppliers to have service parts available for next 15 years after the date they switch to new design.

·
Registered
286 Posts
2005-2006 Ford GT, 4,038 total units built. 2 year run
2012-2013 Ford Boss 302 ~4,000 / year built, 2 year run
xxxx - 2014 Ford GT500 ~8,000/year built.

I expect the RS volume to be similar to the Boss annual volume until the current body style balances out.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ford performance group will most likely be offering certificates with production and specs information.

This is what fpg did when the st first came out and the certificate cost $45.

With the certificate you would receive:

total production number

your production number

amount of cars made in your color

amount of cars made in your trim level
Facebook-Want-Button.jpg

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Hopefully they included certificates at time of purchase like the have on previous svt models

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
They will include it, come on this is an RS!
This would be so much better than having to order one. I'll be surprised if we have to pay extra for this.
I'm not sure though, they didnt include it with the purchase of an st. Guess they dont bother doing it for cars that they are going to make 10's of thousands of. Maybe we'll get a one year membership to svtoa too! Lol. Oh and a svtoa keychain

·
Registered
682 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts