Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Pretty sure that is the same as an ATS which I owned and sold 2 weeks later. Took a big hit but it was worth it. I couldn't tell how "unperformance" it really was until owning it a few weeks. It felt sporty at the time was a 2.0T performance model with 6 speed loaded with all the tech but coming from a raw feeling 300 WHP wrx to that I felt a retired person.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
the problem with this model of buick is that you can roll off the lot and go straight to a custom tuner. hit the rollers, tune is for e-85. now that's straight e-85, not a blend, and drive away with 100+ hp. but if you don't know you don't know.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Do you like going on cruises ? The Buick has cruise ship suspension. Yes, I too am not buying the RS fro interior, but then
when your driving interior comfort ths are not necessarily a very high priority.

YMMV,

MidCow3
This isn't a pure race car either, so yes I like to have creature comforts. You can have your cake and eat it too, just not really at the ~$40k price mark.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This isn't a pure race car either, so yes I like to have creature comforts. You can have your cake and eat it too, just not really at the ~$40k price mark.
Okay I'll bite, what luxury hatchback has a 6-speed manual, AWD, and RS performance ? I would be interested ... if it actually exisited. I would pay more for more creature and safety comforts. see my response to the Whats wrong with RS thread - http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/1834-what-if-anything-do-you-dislike-about-rs.html#post35415

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
seems like most of the competition has similar performance stats, its the fun to drive feeling that seems to have reviewers loving it and what i'm looking forward to most.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Pretty sure that is the same as an ATS which I owned and sold 2 weeks later. Took a big hit but it was worth it. I couldn't tell how "unperformance" it really was until owning it a few weeks. It felt sporty at the time was a 2.0T performance model with 6 speed loaded with all the tech but coming from a raw feeling 300 WHP wrx to that I felt a retired person.
What do you mean by "... felt a retired person" ? :eek:ffended: I wouldn't touch an ATS or a Buick! I am going with a 2016 RS and I am a retired person. :victorious::victorious: I would venture to say you have no idea what it "felt" or "feels" to be retired person, just a trite stereotype.

Motor On, YMMV

MidCow3 :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
504 Posts
What do you mean by "... felt a retired person" ? :eek:ffended: I wouldn't touch an ATS or a Buick! I am going with a 2016 RS and I am a retired person. :victorious::victorious: I would venture to say you have no idea what it "felt" or "feels" to be retired person, just a trite stereotype.

Motor On, YMMV

MidCow3 :eek:nthego:
Because of the bland driving experience and the fact I was in a caddy... my grandfather got a new one every 3 years. You can't argue, no matter howuch GM is trying to rebrand caddy, it's the American old persons car.

Good for you and your rs, if there is ever one in the far left lane of the interstate doing 10 under the speed limit I guess I know who it is haha

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Because of the bland driving experience and the fact I was in a caddy... my grandfather got a new one every 3 years. You can't argue, no matter howuch GM is trying to rebrand caddy, it's the American old persons car.

Good for you and your rs, if there is ever one in the far left lane of the interstate doing 10 under the speed limit I guess I know who it is haha
Hey, anyone who buys the wrong car and sells it 2 weeks later-- that is pathetic, learn how to test drive a car!

When I am in the left lane, I won't be going 10 miles per hour under the speed limit. Maybe they do that in Tennessee , bu try that in Texas an you'll get run over.

Well, I didn't like your first comment, I sure as heck didn't like you second one But I am going to take the politically correct high road and ignore you sophomoric comments. Good Day Sir!

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Go test drive the CTS-V Cadillac or any of their other V series performance vehicles

·
Registered
504 Posts
Haha you are from Texas... that makes more sense. Love how you say you are not responding after you respond... try to chill before your blood pressure causes an intracranial bleed

21 - 31 of 31 Posts