Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an estimate on what its going to cost for parts (pads and rotors) to do the brakes?
Obviously dealers labour rates are another question, but ill be generous and say probably $200
Just curious to sort of see what the maintenance cost is going to be like.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Front and rear pads for an STI through the dealership is right around 700 bucks with OEM Brembo pads.

From my experience you can do good rotors (DBA 4000) and hawk pads or something similar for about a grand. The RS rotors are bigger than the STI so probably more than that. Add labor if you can't do it yourself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, its what i was figuring. but wasn't too sure. I think ill probably be doing my own brakes if i end up getting one, to save some money and put it towards the better pads and rotors!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thanks, its what i was figuring. but wasn't too sure. I think ill probably be doing my own brakes if i end up getting one, to save some money and put it towards the better pads and rotors!
The good thing about massive brakes is if your just DDing they will last forever. I didn't have to do my pads on my STI until 55k and the rotors still looked new.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it would be a DD/Fun car, wouldn't drive it all the time, i've got a 97 Tercel for back and forth to work so it would be for pleasure and maybe 1 track day a year but i doubt that. I dont think id even bring it out in the winter with all the salt they use on Canadian roads

·
Registered
315 Posts
Will be buying carbotechs, once the stockers are out.... I estimate after 80k miles, considering my gti, I only replaced the rear pads so far and am considering doing full rotor and pad replacement next year (88000 miles)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm hoping there'll be a nice 2 piece for or that will fit.
Absolutely THIS^^^. I'd also like to source matching Brembo's for the rear, for absolutely NO reason other than it'd be neat for them to match. Needed, hell no. Want.... Yes.

Oh, and love the signature quote. I may have to steal that to use on my other forums if you don't mind. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Absolutely THIS^^^. I'd also like to source matching Brembo's for the rear, for absolutely NO reason other than it'd be neat for them to match. Needed, hell no. Want.... Yes.

Oh, and love the signature quote. I may have to steal that to use on my other forums if you don't mind. :D
I totally agree that the rear calipers look chincy.

As for the sig, I got that from someone on another forum. You can put that one in your pocket. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
StraightSix
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing