Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know the rotor sizes for front and rear? at some point id like to swap for baer crossdrilled. or does anyone make a crossdrilled rotor?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Cross drilled rotors are for posers. Get slotted. Cross drilled rotors will cause the pads to wear out more quickly, are more likely to crack, and don't offer the benefits of slotted. So, the only reason to get cross drilled is for the look. It's like a stanced car with crazy camber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Cross drilled rotors are for posers. Get slotted. Cross drilled rotors will cause the pads to wear out more quickly, are more likely to crack, and don't offer the benefits of slotted. So, the only reason to get cross drilled is for the look. It's like a stanced car with crazy camber.

Agree with all this and wanted to add the j-hook to the mix. AP makes legit kit. I'm waiting on DBA to come out with a 2-piece 5000 series personally..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Agreed! AP makes a nice kit but it is a KIT. They will not sell you the rotors alone. You need to buy their calipers also.

Agree with all this and wanted to add the j-hook to the mix. AP makes legit kit. I'm waiting on DBA to come out with a 2-piece 5000 series personally..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

run cross drilled/slotted on my raptor and my race car.. never had any problems. which AP is this people speak of?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
run cross drilled/slotted on my raptor and my race car.. never had any problems. which AP is this people speak of?
I don't know any racers who still use drilled rotors any more. Slotted is the way to go.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NO. Their rotors are a smaller diameter and thicker when compared to the RS rotors so it is not plug and play with the our brembo calipers. Regardless, AP only sell theirs as a kit.

Just wait girodics
dont yell at me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
5 Participants
Raptor911
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing