Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017, Mk3 Focus RS. Stock, for now!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have an initial 2-3mm dead zone on the brake pedal?

So for me, when I press the pedal, first 2-3mm doesn't nothing but after that they feel like totally normal brakes. Is this just a case of the system needs bled?

·
Registered
867 Posts
I will say that is pretty normal as well, although I have all OEM pads and rotors and mine bite like a son of a * right after that..These cars have fantastic OEM brakes.
Yes they do. Maybe it is the weight on the nose but I feel like it brakes harder than any car i‘ve been in on track.

Reactions: Meldy50

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I will say that is pretty normal as well, although I have all OEM pads and rotors and mine bite like a son of a * right after that..These cars have fantastic OEM brakes.
Except for the shi7 dust from the factory pads, I couldn't stand that, so changed the pads.

Reactions: Crystals

·
Registered
867 Posts
Try a Golf GTI performance lol. It can beat me with OEM set up on both of us by almost a car length on 70 to 0
I believe it, they are a good bit lighter than the RS, and a similar front transverse engine.

I didn’t say I’ve been in a lot of track cars :) but compared to my much lighter BMW on similar tires, the RS feels like it brakes much harder before locking up the fronts. Also compared to my friend’s Subaru. I’ve had several instructors remark on how hard the RS stops also.

Reactions: Jgray2016

·
Registered
2017, Mk3 Focus RS. Stock, for now!
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe it, they are a good bit lighter than the RS, and a similar front transverse engine.

I didn’t say I’ve been in a lot of track cars :) but compared to my much lighter BMW on similar tires, the RS feels like it brakes much harder before locking up the fronts. Also compared to my friend’s Subaru. I’ve had several instructors remark on how hard the RS stops also.
It's more the brake feel in the GTI, they've got it set up where if you ever put 1mm on the pedal, you are noticeably slowing down. I don't know how they've done it, but pedal is super sensitive

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
What pads did you go with? I ran EBC red stuff on my old Cadillac ats with brembos, but the dust was definitely still an isssue with them.
Winmax W1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts