Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ordered wheels from Braid and had QC issues? This wheel is brand new out of the box, no damage on the box, so I'm pretty sure it happened at the factory and they shipped it anyway. Pretty disappointing! The spot on the right is an actual notch.

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
They might be thinking "it'll be covered by rubber anyways, so why not?"

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They might be thinking "it'll be covered by rubber anyways, so why not?"
Probably... I figure the one on the left won't be that visible, and the notch on the right won't be too obvious, but it'll definitely be visible even with the tire on. Oh well 🤷‍♂️ I sent them an email, so we'll see what they say. I'm still limping around on my winter tires (taking the bike whenever the weather cooperates to save them) and have been looking forward to getting proper tires for hot weather on these wheels and on the car tomorrow, so I don't plan on waiting around hoping for a replacement.

If anyone notices and asks I'll tell them it happened when I jumped some train tracks racing a Supra =]

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Honestly though, that "minor scuff" will drive me in f**kinSane!

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,275 Posts
Aren't Braid wheels on the expensive side? You would think they wouldn't let something like that leave their factory. I know I'd be ripsh*t pi$$ed if my Volks came like that after paying what I paid for them.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yip, mine as well. Haven't opened the other three, hoping it's not present. But this looks way worse than mine.

@Sabaoth I would email Paul and ask him how they're going to remedy this, especially since you paid for them to be painted.

@Si2RS I would say Braids are middle of the road. No cheap but also not expensive.
I sent an email yesterday evening, Paul called me this morning and said that the damage was absolutely not acceptable and that they would make it right. Offered just a straight up discount on the wheel, or he said I could go ahead and get the tires mounted and drive on it until they can get me another one. Probably will go for the latter option so I can get off these winter tires! That or just take a discount and buy another to have a spare 🤷‍♂️

I told Paul I would get the tires put on and see if it was even noticeable, and he said "Well, we don't want you to be at all disappointed, you should be excited! If there's even the slightest hint of anything like disappointment don't settle!" 😄

1 - 11 of 11 Posts