Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Heard of them but know nothing about them at all...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesting, I'd been looking for a place that does in house tunes since I'm on the fence about doing the OTS tunes online.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sorry not heard of them at all.

Steve, do any of the tuning houses around Perth work on the RS that you know of?
Dom, I think Justin at BYE Performance can do (may have done), also Garage 101 and probably Racing Dynamics in Malaga...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thats a nice power increase they are claiming. Like how it is at low rpm and not just a peak power number. Would be good if they put up some dyno graphs of before and after.
What tuning platform is ngauge?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sorry not heard of them at all.

Steve, do any of the tuning houses around Perth work on the RS that you know of?
And maybe MMS....Dean will ask the question....I'll let you know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have emailed them asking for dyno graphs... have been looking for somewhere local to have mine tuned anyway so I hope they're legit. If not, anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am also thinking about tuning options post HG FSA. Having a local tuner would be great, my sti was done at Tokyo Motor Sport and the experience was great. Hopefully the BPT information and price checks out. I sent them an email ages ago but never heard back.

·
Registered
88 Posts

found this video on the ngauge system they use. looks like it fits in nicely with the rest of the trim, tho obviously not as removable as cobb etc. will be interested to hear back on more details when they eventually start replying to emails.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got a reply today.

Hello Dan, We are currently tuning an RS and have increased power from base run of 265 front wheel hp up to 305 front wheel hp. An increase of 40 front wheel hp. I will post graphs on our Facebook page in due course.

Regards

Terry Batten

Engine and Drivetrain division

(08) 9302 3415

www.bptmotorsport.com.au

·
Registered
156 Posts
FWD mode is recommended for dyno becacuse the rear two wheels in the AWD is both reactive and pre-emptive. Since the rear wheels only have to turn on when they have to, it goes wonky in the dyno where it doesn't understand what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's been more than a year since this the last post on this thread... was wondering if there has been any more info on reliable Perth tuners for the RS? I know there's the OTS stuff, but more keen on local tuners.
Anyone had their RS tuned locally?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's been more than a year since this the last post on this thread... was wondering if there has been any more info on reliable Perth tuners for the RS? I know there's the OTS stuff, but more keen on local tuners.
Anyone had their RS tuned locally?
Dom, I think Justin @ BYE has done one or two...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts