Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
And will the dyno tell me if there’s something wrong with the engine? What kind of number would you expect on a dyno?
I think maybe it will give you peace of mind if the numbers come back as “expected.” Maybe a placebo effect. I mean in dyno mode I made 312 whp. Whether or not I felt like I was making that before I tested it is another story. What I have learned from this car though as far as performance goes, seems like you really need to know how to drive it in order to get the most out of it. No offense what so ever by the way. I know I’m not the fastest out there and don’t try to be as this is just my fun daily driver. But for me, seeing my dyno numbers match what Ford claimed went a long way of making me feel better about it not “feeling” as fast as my expectations thought it would. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I think maybe it will give you peace of mind if the numbers come back as “expected.” Maybe a placebo effect. I mean in dyno mode I made 312 whp. Whether or not I felt like I was making that before I tested it is another story. What I have learned from this car though as far as performance goes, seems like you really need to know how to drive it in order to get the most out of it. No offense what so ever by the way. I know I’m not the fastest out there and don’t try to be as this is just my fun daily driver. But for me, seeing my dyno numbers match what Ford claimed went a long way of making me feel better about it not “feeling” as fast as my expectations thought it would. If that makes any sense.
Yea so I got it dyno'd and on the best run it made 325 whp. I think it got heatsoaked after the second run and made around 300-310 whp. So I think those are pretty standard numbers.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yea so I got it dyno'd and on the best run it made 325 whp. I think it got heatsoaked after the second run and made around 300-310 whp. So I think those are pretty standard numbers.
325 whp is Stage1 tuned numbers normally... 280/290whp on stock tune are the most common numbers I've seen around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
325 whp is Stage1 tuned numbers normally... 280/290whp on stock tune are the most common numbers I've seen around.
Ah ok that makes sense then, I have a custom tune from JST so maybe I got a bit of HP from that. But who knows if the dyno I went to is accurate or not, plus it was in front wheel drive mode.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ah ok that makes sense then, I have a custom tune from JST so maybe I got a bit of HP from that. But who knows if the dyno I went to is accurate or not, plus it was in front wheel drive mode.
Those are good numbers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
There's not such a thing as a "good dyno" in terms of accuracy. The only value that it can provide is deltas from before/after certain situation (like before/after a tune). Doing it by itself, it will tell you nothing about if your car has more or less power than (let's say) mine on a different dyno with more or less WHP than yours :)

BUT, having said that, from all the dyno numbers I've been reading since 2016, I don't recall a single stock focus reading more HP to the wheels than ~300whp, with a (non-scientific) average of ~290whp.

Hence, my guess that you most certainly have a (at least) a Stage1 tune on your car :) Anyhow, those are good numbers! nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
There's not such a thing as a "good dyno" in terms of accuracy. The only value that it can provide is deltas from before/after certain situation (like before/after a tune). Doing it by itself, it will tell you nothing about if your car has more or less power than (let's say) mine on a different dyno with more or less WHP than yours :)

BUT, having said that, from all the dyno numbers I've been reading since 2016, I don't recall a single stock focus reading more HP to the wheels than ~300whp, with a (non-scientific) average of ~290whp.

Hence, my guess that you most certainly have a (at least) a Stage1 tune on your car :) Anyhow, those are good numbers! nothing to worry about.
Cool thanks for the reply and the info! :)

81 - 87 of 87 Posts