Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't able to adjust the exhaust at all after it was all put together, I drove it twice and the plastic looks like this now. Are there any aftermarket metal one or anyway to adjust it so it doesn't keep melting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Which Borla exhaust is this?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I have the Borla ATAK and my tips are nowhere as close to the opening as yours.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I have the Ford Performance by Borla and it has enough gap.

You are not the first one who reported this though.

Some swapped out the OE hangers with Mountune

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Hmm, I have the Borla DP as well, I don't think that should matter much. Did you weld your fittings or clamp?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone knows how to get that middle piece to sit flush with the top and bottom let me know I tried loosening it and tightening 3x and prying with a flathead no luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol this is my first exhaust and car I've ever worked on so please don't laugh it probably looks like a hack job

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just a piece of general advice, not saying you did this, but this is a mistake I made first time I put an exhaust on. Make sure to keep all the clamps loose, or just barely tight enough to hold the pipe in place until you get the entire thing assembled. My bet is that you fully tightened a clamp down as soon as you had the pipes together, which may have caused every pipe down the line after that to be slightly out of place, ending up with the exhaust tweaked upwards.
Try loosening every clamp (even the ones forward of the muffler) and see if you can't rotate it into place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts