Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a noob question here. Would getting the Boomba VTA (vent to atmosphere) valve affect engine life or cause any complications? I believe the stock valve is a VTI (vent to intake) or recirculating. Would changing it from a VTI to VTA cause any ill effects? My car is otherwise all stock, I'm just looking for that whoosh noise. Thank you.

·
Vendor
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I have a noob question here. Would getting the Boomba VTA (vent to atmosphere) valve affect engine life or cause any complications? I believe the stock valve is a VTI (vent to intake) or recirculating. Would changing it from a VTI to VTA cause any ill effects? My car is otherwise all stock, I'm just looking for that whoosh noise. Thank you.
Our BOV is perfectly safe to run without any kind of special tuning. It will not throw any sort of check engine lights.

Running our BOV will not effect the fuel trim or throw a code for a couple of different reasons. The biggest reason is due to the way Ford tunes their USDM turbocharged cars. The USDM Ecoboost engines are MAP tuned, whereas in the rest of the world they use MAF tuning. This changes the way the ECU meters air going into the motor. In a MAF tuned car, the fuel trims would be affected by venting to atmosphere, however on a MAP tuned car like yours, the ECU is not affected by venting to atmosphere. In short, you've got nothing to worry about!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts