Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed my BOOMBA bov and now I see why the boost reference adapter is necessary. The bov is nice and loud, BUT it randomly opens up and starts hissing down the road until you let off the gas. After one day it gets annoying and you want to return to stock. I loved the Boomba bov on the srt4 but not my RS, the random pshhhhhhh noise when your not even shifting is ridiculous.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Boost reference didn’t teally help on mine and I sold the BOV and went back to stock. I don’t understand why the design allows so much opening.
I just installed my BOOMBA bov and now I see why the boost reference adapter is necessary. The bov is nice and loud, BUT it randomly opens up and starts hissing down the road until you let off the gas. After one day it gets annoying and you want to return to stock. I loved the Boomba bov on the srt4 but not my RS, the random pshhhhhhh noise when your not even shifting is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Does your VTI full recirculation valve make any more noise then stock?
Yes, plenty of noise from the recirc. even on low throttle release. Especially with an open ended filter.

Reactions: Boomba Racing

·
Registered
203 Posts
WHy get a blow off valve though? What is the reasoning behind it besides the noise?

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
The reasoning for getting an aftermarket valve (VTA/VTI/combo) is because the stock one is a cheap rubber piece held in place by a small spring.

The reasoning behind a VTA valve is because whoosh noises.

WHy get a blow off valve though? What is the reasoning behind it besides the noise?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The reasoning for getting an aftermarket valve (VTA/VTI/combo) is because the stock one is a cheap rubber piece held in place by a small spring.

The reasoning behind a VTA valve is because whoosh noises.
Unfortunately i have no clue what the VTA is. And a google search does not doe justice. lol So really its just the whoosh?

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
VTA = Vent to Atmosphere. It releases the charge into the atmosphere and makes the whoosh in the process.
VTI = Vent to intake or Recirculating. It's what the stock system uses and you can usually hear it if you have the hood open.

Here is a picture of the stock plastic and rubber one.
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/attach...ypass-valve-20170804_160404_1502079125983.jpg

A lot of people will never need to change it, but it gives you peace of mind and will become essential at higher power/boost levels.

Unfortunately i have no clue what the VTA is. And a google search does not doe justice. lol So really its just the whoosh?
Edit: Personally, I replaced mine because I plan on keeping the car forever and am 99% sure that the plastic/rubber will degrade over time and many heat cycles.

·
Vendor
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
@Madokami just beat us at the response lol.

They pretty much hit the nail on the head. We offer two types of valves, both with the same construction quality. One vents to atmosphere (BOV) and produces noise, the other vents to intake (BPV) and is quiet in its operation.

You should upgrade your factory BPV because it is made of very cheap rubber and plastic and is known to rip, tear, and leak boost over time. Our valves are made from aircraft grade billet aluminum and feature a brass piston with Viton O-rings. All of our valves are pressure tested to 100 PSI before leaving our facility to ensure leak-free operation. Our valves also come with a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is there member pricing? Had your BoV on my 2016 ST but i got t boned and totaled. Looking to pick one up for my 2017 RS.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Does your VTI full recirculation valve make any more noise then stock?
Yes, plenty of noise from the recirc. even on low throttle release. Especially with an open ended filter.
I think I saw the VTI one has like little screws in the middle that you can take out to make it more like a 50/50 setup so you get the vta sound just not as loud?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think I saw the VTI one has like little screws in the middle that you can take out to make it more like a 50/50 setup so you get the vta sound just not as loud?
Full resirc. Boomba only has a recir or full VTA, no 50/50 like the turbosmart.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts