Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
POST 2/2
When it came time to plug in the add-a-fuse in the fuse box, I had to route the cable around the edge like so:

Otherwise, I couldn't get the lid to shut properly because there is a slot inside the cover for a fuse remover that I'm assuming was pushing up against the cable when trying to snake it the other way:

After everything was all connected, it was time to re-assemble. Remember that clip I broke for the vacuum line?

Gawd bless the man that invented zip ties! Haha! This clip ain't going nowhere!

I also installed a new battery since mine was sitting at 12.32V after over 4 years of duty. So I used FORScan to reset the BMS. After all was said and done, the job was a success!

No just need to install my charge pipes, and will finally be getting a E30 tune. Looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone here on this thread for all the useful info! Really helped me out on this one. I can only hope this post will help somebody contemplating doing this install as well.

Reactions: BigFatFlip

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
As you said you made that harder than it needed to be. I'll add these
2 points...
* Remove the fuel pump fuse in the cabin and then run the car till it rains out of fuel, no fuel spray and very minimal leakage

* You could of chosen a shorter route with the red wire and it looks a little neater, and the lid closes perfectly, see pic.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Upon inspection of the fuel lines after a drive on Monday night, I noticed the shorter line (connecting the hard line to the sensor) was rubbing up against the coolant hose:

It bothered me how close it was to the two coolant hose clamps it was resting between. Plus, I'd imagine the heat from that hose wouldn't be that great on the fuel line either. So a quick run to the local Home Depot to pick up some piping insulation:

And voila...

Who doesn't like a little cushion for the pushin'! I did have to trim a little bit more foam from the top to make way for the catch can reservoir. Even after trimming it, it does push up a bit against the can still, which in turn puts a little bit of pressure on the connector on the hard line. But I just took her out and "beat on her" to make sure everything is holding together, and it looks like we're all good! Checked the temps on the lines, and the heat doesn't seem to be affecting it much. Think I can finally put this one to bed and move on to the next project.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts