Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bisimoto 2.3 Ecoboost claims 900hp

Bisimoto put together a car for SEMA, could lead to something interesting... maybe
900hp EcoBoost Mustang Coming to SEMA - Torque News

The team wanted to build an awe inspiring 4-cylinder Mustang, so they started with a full build of the 2.3L EcoBoost engine. To handle the kind of boost created by the Turbonetics BTX7668 turbocharger, Bisimoto sleeved the cylinders and swapped in Arias forged billet pistons mated to Bisimoto steel connecting rods. They also added ARP head and bearing studs, high strength valve springs and retainers, a ported factory cylinder head, a Bisimoto “web level 2.4 camshaft”, a custom exhaust system, a custom engine control unit, a Sparco intercooler, an extensive fuel system upgrade and all of the other parts and pieces needed to make this monstrous EcoBoost engine run like a dream.
The result of this build? A new EcoBoost Ford Mustang that will churn out an unbelievable 900 horsepower – almost three times the stock power figures.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bisimoto also built a high hp genesis coupe in excess of 700hp. Never seen going above 40mph, engine wasn't built, used the stock tiny radiator, among other things that didn't factually make sense.

Forgive me if I take this 900hp ecoboost Mustang with an ocean's worth of salt.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bisimoto also built a high hp genesis coupe in excess of 700hp. Never seen going above 40mph, engine wasn't built, used the stock tiny radiator, among other things that didn't factually make sense.

Forgive me if I take this 900hp ecoboost Mustang with an ocean's worth of salt.
I don't expect many parts if any to come from this company, but I was more interested in the numbers they claim. If some halfwits can do it, Im sure others will follow suit with quality stuff.
clearly the drivetrain will be the stumbling block in making the RS a monster.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, I was wrong on the 700hp Gen Coupe. They actually claimed over 1000 hp before showing any dyno information (turns out it was supposedly only 850~, they then exclaimed they were talking about crank all along). To make it even more dumb, there's only a few companies that have cracked the Hyundai ECUs for tuning them, Bisimoto was not among them. Top that off with them having the only Genesis capable in excess of over 700hp on the stock block and driveable leads me to believe that they make huge claims but don't actually back them up. Maybe they are a reputable company and the Gen was a failed attempt they lied about to save face, I don't know, but I won't believe anything until it's actually proven to be true. Oh yeah, and I was wrong about it not shown driving, they actually released a drag video of it. It lost to everything they put it up against, and it looked no faster than my 400~HP coupe (my friend dynos at about 550whp and is quite a bit faster).

And of course, they didn't release any parts to the community nor covered anything about their build to anyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
MAPerformance has the actual current 2.3L ecoboost recotd at the moment. An impressive 640whp and they're still cranking it up.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks like they can build some pretty wicked machines at Bisimoto, so this Mustang will be interesting.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im sorry but Bisimoto has been known for false claims for well over a decade. I honestly don't know how he stays in business. I have been into hondas for almost 20 years and back when Bisi first made himself known he was claiming all kinds of stuff, high power numbers and never shows dyno numbers or the cars actually performing. From my standpoint he just builds show cars with a crap ton of money thrown at them and click bait numbers. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Interesting they mentioned porting the head. Also reading that the head for the RS is from Cosworth it confirms that the head on the mustang is nothing special. I know it's a little different being for a rwd car, but I thought they could get the same headwork as the RS.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
It's suspicious that Bisimoto is claiming almost 50% greater power than the next verified company. I would also expect that power numbers like that be generated using a air-to-water IC full of ice water, and for short periods only. Or it would have an A2A IC that wouldn't fit in a car. It's tough to get 900HP from a small I4, and it's even tougher to make it reliable at that power.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
Chrisp
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing