Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure the Thule roof racks that fit the 2015 ST will fit the 2016 RS, only unknown to me is if it could be positioned to allow opening hatch without rear wing hitting since I think the RS has a taller one there.

Also, I figure now that the center exit exhaust is gone a rear hitch/bike rack option may work.

I already have the roof mount Thule unit I use on my current car and would only need to buy the cross bars for the RS so I think I'd lean in that direction.

ST pictured with roof rack:

And from this picture looks like there may be enough clearance:

Trailer hitch version:
[video=youtube;VulpfHWG1sQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulpfHWG1sQ]
[/video]
I attempted to make this a link to youtube, but site converted it to a video, even though you have to go to youtube to watch it....

*ST images found on focusst.org by Google search.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's the same setup I have on my car! I think the Thule Sidearms will clear the larger wing on the RS no problem. The part I'm worried about is my cargo box that has maybe a 1/2 inch of clearance to the wing on the ST when installed. I, too, hope a hitch install is possible on the RS. Some have done it with the ST, but the hitches you can buy off the shelf look terrible since the receiver sticks out below the exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you go the hitch root, make sure to get a good hitch and a really good installer. Ours needed a couple of hours to install because they disassembled the whole bumper. But once installed it looks great! And works great! Costly install, unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts