Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front and back left side hit the kerb at about 20kmh, my back is totally cambered in and my front is partially cambered in. I just need some guidance and advice as to how much it may cost to fix and if it’s better off going through insurance ($1000) excess or paying to repair it all
F6306543-A6CE-4D1D-8A64-6F03B27E109E.jpeg
0A022317-B2F1-4200-9F34-E05760D9F7B3.jpeg
A40EF923-403D-4FE5-9AA2-6338B4AC728B.jpeg
83BC2FE8-8509-4F5A-AD37-2FBC9ED8185C.jpeg
37ABCC62-FB82-4516-8A29-01186C811D7E.jpeg

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Total the car and send me the parts please... jk gonna be more than 1000 with labor go though insurance. But pick a garage you trust. My opinion

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nitrs and GmpaJimj

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
just curb rash repair will be average $120 (and up) per wheel. Hopefully they are not bent..... that will go the same for the other parts.

Just guestimating what other parts most likely more than $1000.

Agree to bring it to a trusted shop.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Hard to gauge without seeing the suspension components with the tires off. Rears look like you bent the toe link and maybe the lower control arm. Harder to say on the fronts, maybe a bent tie rod or damaged outter tie rod end? I would guess you are well within the $1k if you need to rebuild both front and rear with parts & labor.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Insurance no question. The rims alone are something silly like $1800AU each and by the time you get the parts and labour a wheel alignment etc its going to be well over a grand even if you repair the wheels. Plus if you have it repaired professionally they can check for unseen damage an amateur may miss. Either way it will be on them.

Ciao

·
Registered
295 Posts
Look at the part price not at Ford but a whole seller such as TascaParts. The rear parts are surprisingly cheap (economy of scale they are on quite many cars apparently). Cheap to the point I bought a pair of rear trailing arms just to more comfortably install my powerflex bushings and then just swap the arms on the car instead of risking a lengthy downtime where I rent a lift.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Look at the part price not at Ford but a whole seller such as TascaParts. The rear parts are surprisingly cheap (economy of scale they are on quite many cars apparently). Cheap to the point I bought a pair of rear trailing arms just to more comfortably install my powerflex bushings and then just swap the arms on the car instead of risking a lengthy downtime where rent a lift.
We dont have TascaParts in Australia and I doubt shipping and tax would make it worth the effort to import.

Ciao

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
The killer here is unseen damage. Bolt on parts will cost you. But if the half shaft getting jammed into the RDU or doing damage to the rear subframe or the mounts can add up quickly.

Frame damage will quickly spiral repair costs.

Reactions: Nitrs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help, I claimed it under insurance, now I just gotta pray they repair it and not write it off as I was warned 👀 I wish I can give them my new springs and RMM in my garage for them to install while they’re at it ahahah

·
Premium Member
2016 Focus RS2
353 Posts
Safety tip going forward, don't do this to your RS...

Captain Obvious out!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I
Safety tip going forward, don't do this to your RS...

Captain Obvious out!

I wish it was avoidable, not like I was using drift mode. I’d rather do this to my RS in drift mode than how it actually happened coz of some old fart 😔

·
Premium Member
2016 Focus RS2
353 Posts
Ha, I'm the old fart so I already know anything I do to her is my fault! But so far she's been very forgiving and kept me out of trouble.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I hope this won't open a can of warms.
Quite a few things may be damaged.
Fingers crossed the minimum has happened and it will be up and running in now time.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Only 20kmh...ok....god speed on the repairs OP..Use your insurance thats why you have it

·
Registered
226 Posts
I did the same to an Infiniti G35 many years ago, slid on snow, hit a curb, at probably 25mph forward speed, but much lower lateral speed, and back then, 15+ years ago, it was an $5,500 repair which had zero body damage, just wheels and suspension. Both sides of the suspension were damaged, because the force pushed through the half shafts and diff, destroying all. I didn't even touch a front wheel to the curb, it was just rear damage!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts