Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had the PTE turbo with some other supporting mods and the Syvecs ECU
fitted to the car over the last couple of months and it’s collection day tomorrow (23-03-2020).

This is the first map created to be run in the car which for Wheel power isn’t to shabby but I’ve had these figures reduced by circa 5% to aid engine reliability.

Text Font Pattern

So is this worth a chat to discuss what all our collective experiences have been since install and what features have you enabled on your Syvecs or COBB device

Which turbo did you choose? Are you running cams? Are you running AUX fuel
Methanol or not etc etc

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm currently running the NX2, stock DP ( yeah i know), ETS FMIC (stock charge pipes), Filter, Colder plugs, and 3 inch full exhaust on E30 (stock fuel) and making 400whp / 400tq. on the Vdyno. Engine is stock. Personally the turbo is a bit too big for my current hp but i plan to build an engine once i beat on this one for a while and push the turbo further. Overall i've ran a few cars which i will not mention as this opened a can of worms back when i had a built ST making 422whp back in 2014 lol. But overall I did very well for just 400whp unless im actually making more hp idk....Oh and if anyone is wondering why only 400whp for an upgraded turbo, i could of just made that on the stock turbo? Well Stock turbo made 380whp peak but will drop hp as it got closer to redline and actually at redline was making a lot less than peak HP. The NX2 makes 400whp and holds that hp til redline.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d give you the medal of the RS Purple Heart for bravery under boost on a standard internal motor running 400whp.
Some mild porting, a set of cams, extra fuelling and the NX2 turbo should be good for 600bhp or around 500whp ? and it’ll still drive like a daily driver apart from a slightly higher tick-over.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its pretty quick now, but I feel a little underwhelmed in the power, as it’s so easy to drive just like a daily driver and the surge of power is so smooth it’s incredible with a small amount of controllable torque steer which is only to be expected at these figures.

Tops out at over what the speedo says it does 180 (private road lol) and still has plenty left.

So no future plans for anything else power wise my goal was always 501+
Job done.

It’ll just be 4 bits of rip off carbon – Front Wings, Front Bib, Rear Diffuser and Top Wing of the Rear Spoiler.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I was at 389 awhp for a long while with stock turbo. New turbo and built motor. Precision turbo and flex fuel at 511awhp.
I was at 420whp with the stock block but wasn’t long enough to know if it would pop.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Been at 434/466 whp/tq on stock block/turbo and 🌽 since May 2019. Either the block is fairly stout and/or I've just been really lucky.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What dyno have those readings? Or better yet what did you Baseline at?
That’s higher than any stock turbo should be. Even on corn. I was corn and a huge dose of straight meth and didn’t get that. Although I was in awd when dyno

·
Registered
177 Posts
Never got a baseline, did 400hp right after adding most of the bolt ons and E85 on a Mustang dyno in May 2019. Then after finishing the bolt ons, and adding a straight titanium exhaust did 434 on a dynacom just back in October. Theres been a few people pushing stock turbo past 400, given that its past its happy place I'm sure lol.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
@White-RS2 since you’re in the UK are you measuring BHP with your original post? Or wheel hp.

no dyno yet, waiting for stratified to finish upgrading their mustang dyno. Hoping for 400whp with stock motor/turbo with bolt ons and 94+wmi but I doubt it.

·
Registered
864 Posts
@White-RS2 since you’re in the UK are you measuring BHP with your original post? Or wheel hp.

no dyno yet, waiting for stratified to finish upgrading their mustang dyno. Hoping for 400whp with stock motor/turbo with bolt ons and 94+wmi but I doubt it.
I doubt you will, stock turbo falls off fast. With my mods I was barely making 20psi at the top end.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@OverkillYJ
I’m running dead on 2bar currently and that gives 563whp and it shifts well, or just plods to the retail outlet in traffic it’s almost stock in characteristics.
Car has lots of mods done including Syvecs and NX2 etc etc etc.
The First post first graph that’s at 1.8bar I think pre - 4bar map sensor fitment

This graph mapping had to finish early due to slipping OEM clutch

·
Registered
864 Posts
@OverkillYJ
I’m running dead on 2bar currently and that gives 563whp and it shifts well, or just plods to the retail outlet in traffic it’s almost stock in characteristics.
The First post first graph that’s at 1.8bar I think pre - 4bar map sensor fitment View attachment 354042
Yes, but he was looking to achieve 400 on the stock turbo. I have been looking at the NX2 and see your torque curve is what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
864 Posts
@OverkillYJ
The First post first graph that’s at 1.8bar I think pre - 4bar map sensor fitment View attachment 354042
Yes, but he was looking to achieve 400 on the stock turbo. I have been looking at the NX2 and see your torque curve is what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I doubt you will, stock turbo falls off fast. With my mods I was barely making 20psi at the top end.

for my datalogging, I peak ~28/29psi, hold 24psi to redline. But of course psi is a measurement of backpressure essentially. What is your air mass at redline? I am around 480lb/min if I remember correctly

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
451 Posts
@320icar on a stock motor with FBO + e40 (+91oct) I got 415whp / 423wtq on a Dyno Dynamics dyno with a stock turbo. On e30+91oct it was 403whp / 414wtq, which I mostly use. In 2-3 months I'm planning on getting dyno'd on a Dynojet dyno to compare numbers, and also to have the dyno file to play with. The graph does drop pretty fast around 6200rpm for those e30/e40 tunes, where it doesn't drop like that with my 91oct tune (365whp/401wtq). Having looked at Garrett efficiency graphs in the past, I would imagine that a turbo spec'd for ~270whp would be well out of its efficiency range.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mustang Dynos read 8-12% lower than a dynojet
I don't think it's accurate to just apply that percentage range. It can and will vary. You can determine and manipulate the correction factor on Mustang Dynos. And to a pretty high degree I should add. The Mustang Dyno I had to use in the past read quite high. Much higher than a Dynojet and I worked on a Dynojet chassis dyno for 10 years prior to that. The Dynojet software doesn't really allow you to mess with the settings too much so it's going to be more consistent and give numbers that you don't have to wonder about as much as other brands of dynos. Any time I look at dyno runs from a dyno other than a Dynojet, it's usually posing more questions than it answers since it's pretty rare that people do proper before and after testing...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts