Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had the PTE turbo with some other supporting mods and the Syvecs ECU
fitted to the car over the last couple of months and it’s collection day tomorrow (23-03-2020).

This is the first map created to be run in the car which for Wheel power isn’t to shabby but I’ve had these figures reduced by circa 5% to aid engine reliability.

AC230B36-32B9-4B3F-90B4-4A2193268A10.jpeg

So is this worth a chat to discuss what all our collective experiences have been since install and what features have you enabled on your Syvecs or COBB device

Which turbo did you choose? Are you running cams? Are you running AUX fuel
Methanol or not etc etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm currently running the NX2, stock DP ( yeah i know), ETS FMIC (stock charge pipes), Filter, Colder plugs, and 3 inch full exhaust on E30 (stock fuel) and making 400whp / 400tq. on the Vdyno. Engine is stock. Personally the turbo is a bit too big for my current hp but i plan to build an engine once i beat on this one for a while and push the turbo further. Overall i've ran a few cars which i will not mention as this opened a can of worms back when i had a built ST making 422whp back in 2014 lol. But overall I did very well for just 400whp unless im actually making more hp idk....Oh and if anyone is wondering why only 400whp for an upgraded turbo, i could of just made that on the stock turbo? Well Stock turbo made 380whp peak but will drop hp as it got closer to redline and actually at redline was making a lot less than peak HP. The NX2 makes 400whp and holds that hp til redline.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d give you the medal of the RS Purple Heart for bravery under boost on a standard internal motor running 400whp.
Some mild porting, a set of cams, extra fuelling and the NX2 turbo should be good for 600bhp or around 500whp 👍 and it’ll still drive like a daily driver apart from a slightly higher tick-over.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its pretty quick now, but I feel a little underwhelmed in the power, as it’s so easy to drive just like a daily driver and the surge of power is so smooth it’s incredible with a small amount of controllable torque steer which is only to be expected at these figures.

Tops out at over what the speedo says it does 180 (private road lol) and still has plenty left.

So no future plans for anything else power wise my goal was always 501+
Job done.

It’ll just be 4 bits of rip off carbon – Front Wings, Front Bib, Rear Diffuser and Top Wing of the Rear Spoiler.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Badge of honour displaying whp for the world to see Paaahahahahaha. Yes I know its filthy just back in and its getting dark
5D871C82-480B-4000-B83D-C434C1C0E331.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts