Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Grass Roots and other forums say the Yokohama A052 require a lot of negative camber to get the proper wear. They will wear out the outside shoulders quick if you don't have the proper neg camber. Some BMW owners say they were close to -3 camber was not enough and the outside shoulders wore out quick.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm finding the same thing with the Federal 595 RR series. Inexpensive race tire but a lot of shoulder wear in 4 days of racing. Pretty close to the same dry grip of the Toyo R888r's I ran the last two years, but the Federal's look like they will wear twice as fast. Then again they're half the price of the Toyo's
Grass Roots and other forums say the Yokohama A052 require a lot of negative camber to get the proper wear. They will wear out the outside shoulders quick if you don't have the proper neg camber. Some BMW owners say they were close to -3 camber was not enough and the outside shoulders wore out quick.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm finding the same thing with the Federal 595 RR series. Inexpensive race tire but a lot of shoulder wear in 4 days of racing. Pretty close to the same dry grip of the Toyo R888r's I ran the last two years, but the Federal's look like they will wear twice as fast. Then again they're half the price of the Toyo's
I have the newer version Federal 595 RS-PRO and I notice shoulder wear too. I think my case is the sport suspension mode is too still for the bumpy canyon roads I drive so I use normal suspension. I get a lot of body roll. I hope to fix that soon.

When these tires wear out I plan on getting Falken RT-660. Or what ever model tire Bridgestone releases to replace RE-71R. I can't believe that old tire could hang with the new tires coming out years after it did.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have run the rt660 on my rx8 and it’s a very good tire for grip and wear on my second set I liked them enough to get them again

41 - 46 of 46 Posts