Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to Central Texas. Does anyone know of a great route / highway that would be well suited to take the RS? I've been out towards Blanco a few times on my motorcycle and rode Devil's Backbone. Once we all get our new rides, maybe we can do a group cruise?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently discovered a road that's pretty fun. It's called Mount Bonnel. Found it trying to escape traffic downtown one morning

·
Registered
262 Posts
I recently discovered a road that's pretty fun. It's called Mount Bonnel. Found it trying to escape traffic downtown one morning
Mount Bonnell is a blast, it's where you'll find one of Austin's few hairpin turns. 2222 down the hill towards County Line is a fun route too. City Park Road is a little further down, if you follow that you'll end up at Ski Shores Cafe (although they might be closed for the winter).

Twisted Sisters is great too, I was thinking of breaking in the RS on that route :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Mount Bonnell is a blast, it's where you'll find one of Austin's few hairpin turns. 2222 down the hill towards County Line is a fun route too. City Park Road is a little further down, if you follow that you'll end up at Ski Shores Cafe (although they might be closed for the winter).

Twisted Sisters is great too, I was thinking of breaking in the RS on that route :)
Nice

·
Registered
384 Posts
Anyone interested in a pre-RS meetup/drive? Put a face to name, join hands in a circle and sing kumbayah as we impatiently wait for RS delivery. Or take out whatever you've got now and hit some awesome roads up. Just a thought.

I'm heading down to Texas next week and will be based in the Houston area for the next 3 months. All new to the state, and have a friend in Austin, so I'll def be swinging through at some point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hwy 1431 between Cedar Park and Marble Falls is a nice drive. Also 165 between Henly and Blanco is good. Generally, the further west of Austin you get, the more interesting the roads are (and far less traffic).

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know this thread is old, but have any of you taken your RS down LCR yet?

Do any of you A-town guys go to Cars and Coffee at the Oasis?

I was down there in May. Got to run Lime Creek and ended up with 0 miles left on the guess-o-meter. Still a fun route.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do any of you A-town guys go to Cars and Coffee at the Oasis?
I'm extremely new - just moved here in February. I didn't know this was a thing. Just got margs and fajitas for the first time there last weekend and absolutely loved the place.

What's the schedule like for the C&C @ Oasis?

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for the info on Cars and Coffee... I might swing down there this Sunday with my RS, anyone want to meet up?

·
Registered
14 Posts
46 on either side of boerne is awesome... And sometimes you can get the whole road to yourself. Lots of tx hwys around Fredericksburg are worth the drive. When I'm out there, I swear they were built for AWD turbo rally cars

1 - 15 of 15 Posts