Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I grabbed a pair of nightbreakers on sale for $178. After install I can't say I'm impressed at all. Maybe they need to be aligned better but it doesnt seem any brighter and the drop off seems more on the edges.

Top image is the new nightbreakers. Driving home I felt like everyone's lights were brighter than mine. The car behind me created a shadow on the building infront of us from my car. So they were further away and brighter than mine!? Any ideas?
20200106_201221.jpg
20200103_194047.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Weird, the nightbreakers were supposed to be 500 lumens brighter than the Cool Blue Boost. Someone mentioned knock off brands on Amazon, I know you mentioned getting them elsewhere, but could they not be genuine?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I ordered through lightwerkz so they should be legit. Their response was the alignment looks good it just comes down to expectations...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not buying another bulb I'm just gonna live with these. They were rates the best by every site and comparison/shootout. Maybe I'll do a whole assembly upgrade someday. I still haven't driven on a really dark road so maybe their distance will impress me more. I looked into cleaning the projector lenses but it's more than I'd like to do. I may give cleaning the inner side a shot so I don't need to take the assembly apart.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Have you looked into these?

I got their door sill, much much better (correct logo and full RGB) vs the other **** one from the other site (carenhancemnts) that I tried and sent back after one failed in a week...these are full RGB and they worked great...shipping was kinda bad though as the box tore open during shipment (should have be double boxed) and some items were lost, but they tried re-send the items; I declined as I plan on a 2nd order from them already and they agreed to include the lost items then... I would assume the other products are just as good and they seem to have great customer service (very responsive on facebook), they may be worth a try!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Of course light output is the biggest thing I feel and color is a second.

I was going to be looking to changing the headlights too.

These guys did a good job of overall comparison (D2S very similar to D3S) >>
They also did an actual light measurement on some of these >>

Another group did some similar comparisons >>

I did do this HID 55w kit for my H11 fogs >> DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

DDM Tuning has some very awesome stuff for cheap. I've used them for years on my Evo, Jeep, Subie and now the Ford. I have yet to have the HID bulbs quite or the ballasts. Found that there were other companies reselling this exact kit for $150+

21 - 29 of 29 Posts