Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What companies have the loudest tone, hopefully have a valve button for neighborhood mode lo

·
Registered
419 Posts
Here in Orange County, I'm rocking the Mountune V2X exhaust. It's perfect imo. Can get loud on throttle, and no drone while cruising. The V2X is the one without the valve though. If you the valve, you would need the V2, which is more expensive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Milltek non resonated exhaust uses the valve and they also have an additional feature where you can buy a remote to override the valve control and open and close it when you want.

I have the milltek resonated exhaust and catted DP and I’m quiter than stock for normal operations but can get rowdy on. I just run mine based on what drive mode the car is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here in Orange County, I'm rocking the Mountune V2X exhaust. It's perfect imo. Can get loud on throttle, and no drone while cruising. The V2X is the one without the valve though. If you the valve, you would need the V2, which is more expensive.

A little off topic but does a stock RS exhaust make those pops in normal mode? Also, in sport mode, is there a way to stop it from making those pops? I’m fine with it but would prefer that it didn’t do that.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
A little off topic but does a stock RS exhaust make those pops in normal mode? Also, in sport mode, is there a way to stop it from making those pops? I’m fine with it but would prefer that it didn’t do that.

I pops can happen in normal mode, depending on the throttle.

In sport mode it's easier to get the pops, control your gas pedal if you want to avoid it.

if you really want to stop the pops... get it tuned out.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
@Diablo.1199 the Ford Performance one is the one you want if trying to stay legal, it'll pass visual.

@PokerRun388 the pops don't really happen until you're over 3000rpm, which you can easily avoid in city traffic. You can't selectively disable them, they're either there or they're tuned out completely.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
What companies have the loudest tone, hopefully have a valve button for neighborhood mode lo
seriously consider the exhaust bypass mod. Sounds fantastic and youll save $800

·
Registered
419 Posts
Full disclosure, I have rarely ever driven in normal mode since I bought the car. I don't like the non-linear pedal feel, as it makes it feel numb imo. But before my tune, normal mode never popped with "normal driving." I think I got it to pop once or twice, but that was because I was really getting on it to see if I could make it pop in normal mode. However, after my tune, it now pops in normal mode (although not as much as sport mode). Even now though, with my V2X exhaust and driving in sport mode, while the pops sound amazing, I can pretty much drive it without making it pop if I wanted to. I do this when I come across the "po-po" on city streets. Haha! Like @nicklulu said, it's all about throttle control.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does
What do you think of the cobb catback?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
There are no regs for a cat back exhaust, other than volume level. People have even been pulled over with the stock exhaust and no tune because the pops and cops being assholes. I had a cobb exhaust on my previous subaru's and got smog checked at test only centers multiple times (After removing the DP first).

If a cop wants to pull you over, he's going to do it and come up with whatever reason he wants to. I've been driving around LA with my mountune V2X for a couple years now. My only potential issue was when I went WOT on an onramp in front of a parked cop. Hit the speed limit and cruised. My buddy was behind me and apparently the cop flipped on his lights and tried to chase after me. Buddy was borrowing a ****ty corolla and the cop got stuck behind him on the onramp. He told me once the cop passed, he caught back up to him and he had pulled over another blue hatch. I can only imagine how that conversation with the driver went....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't know what those regs are but this is what I would do. Make sure it passes the CA inspection. Then make sure it is free flowing like the Cobb and has a valve for quietness. Just don't get on it when the cops are around. Chill dude lol. Maybe you need a third custom dump mode lol where the exhaust goes out the side too for max volume. Cali def has guys who fabricate that ****. That would be cool! Let us know.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the Scorpion Exhaust from focusrsshop.com . I have the valved Version with J9 Performance control valve switch remote. You can be in any mode and switch it Loud or Quiet.
In Quiet mode you can hear and feel the pops and burbles caught in the muffler. It's much more quiet over the the stock exhaust.
In Loud mode the neighborhood hears you coming from half mile away.
An amazing sounding Exhaust system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts