Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2017 NB Focus RS; RS2, Sunroof, FP exhaust, Mountune IC, DSC Sport suspension, Livernois tune.
114 Posts
For the record, my total bill was around $400. (Dashcam 56 - $140, Dashcam Mini - $90, 2 x hardwire kit - $60, Magnetic mount for Dashcam Mini - $15, Pro installation - $100.)

I got the magnetic mount for the Dashcam Mini so that I could easily remove the cameras and put them in my Flex, which my wife and I drive only occasionally. Before we take off in the Flex, we just pop the cameras out of our DD's and into it. Saves me having to buy a set of cameras that are rarely used, and our phones are already synced, so that makes it easy.

Lastly, the Garmin cameras come with a dual USB port cigarette lighter adapter and long enough USB cables in the box. This doesn't give you the Parking Mode option, but it's nice to have if you ever use a rental car. At least you have some protection.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
156 Posts
I used the same wires that are currently powering my moonroof no problem, it has enough amps to run both.

I used these wire taps with my dashcam hardwire kit and so far no problem: https://www.amazon.com/Hilitchi-140pcs-Terminals-Insulated-Connectors/dp/B01CC8JKSA/

Just zip tied the kit and exra wire to the moonroof harness. Plenty of room up there.

Where's everyone running their wires through? Got a Garmin Dash Mini for xmas and finally got around to buying an SD card to get it going. Other than the aforementioned moonroof tap (mines being used by said moonroof), is everyone just tucking under the headliner, down through the passenger A-pillar and towards the center console via glovebox route? Looking for the cleanest path..open to ideas. Thx,

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thinkware F800
Featuring the idiot that thought he was Ken Block.
Bumper damage and needed an alignment after this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I Upgraded to the Thinkware Q800Pro
Caught some girl admiring the RS.
Video quality is great.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts