Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides Mountune, are there other companies working on performance parts for the RS?? Cobb maybe? :confused:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Besides Mountune, are there other companies working on performance parts for the RS?? Cobb maybe? :confused:
Their is a picture of cobb's software with a RS folder floating around the forum, other than that a couple people on the forum are giving their cars to companies for R&D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ford Performance will probably offer some stuff of their own. I can get anything FoMoCo at cost so I'm thinking this will be an OEM+ type of build. I'm hoping for upgraded sways and lowering springs from them. Hopefully they'll make some lowering springs that appropriately match the adjustable dampers.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Im just hoping for enough room on the fuel pump for a e85 tune and an access port from cobb. Someone will make a catted dp. I'll get one eventually

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ford Performance will probably offer some stuff of their own. I can get anything FoMoCo at cost so I'm thinking this will be an OEM+ type of build. I'm hoping for upgraded sways and lowering springs from them. Hopefully they'll make some lowering springs that appropriately match the adjustable dampers.
Speaking of OEM+

Since I'm new for Ford, I need to study up, but I'd like to see what goodies can be sourced from other Focus models as well as ROW cars. Like mirrors, rear fog light, interior stuff, whatever... And don't worry, I wouldn't be using the rear fog like a tool, blinding everyone. Besides that, my car will never make it to Philly anyway. ;) I'd repurpose it as a "Low mount brake light", for all the texting women around here that like to rear end anything they can get in their sites. I figure with them sitting up in their SUV's makeup compact in one hand, cell in the other, playing with the radio, feeding the kids, MAYBE they'll see the low mounted light and not hit me next time. Just a thought. Sorry, rant over. But OEM+, yes please!

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Speaking of OEM+

Since I'm new for Ford, I need to study up, but I'd like to see what goodies can be sourced from other Focus models as well as ROW cars. Like mirrors, rear fog light, interior stuff, whatever... And don't worry, I wouldn't be using the rear fog like a tool, blinding everyone. Besides that, my car will never make it to Philly anyway. ;) I'd repurpose it as a "Low mount brake light", for all the texting women around here that like to rear end anything they can get in their sites. I figure with them sitting up in their SUV's makeup compact in one hand, cell in the other, playing with the radio, feeding the kids, MAYBE they'll see the low mounted light and not hit me next time. Just a thought. Sorry, rant over. But OEM+, yes please!
Go look at the ST forum. A lot of the ST stuff should work and you get an idea of what mods might be down the line for the RS. PM if you need better info.

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im just hoping for enough room on the fuel pump for a e85 tune and an access port from cobb. Someone will make a catted dp. I'll get one eventually
I have a feeling these cars should be able to achieve MBT on a 25-50%E85 mix without a problem on fueling.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What's a forum-brotha gotta do to get that hookup?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Go look at the ST forum. A lot of the ST stuff should work and you get an idea of what mods might be down the line for the RS. PM if you need better info.

YMMV,

MidCow3
Sweet... Thanks! Will do that. I think there are some things off the Titanium? that work. Hell, I don't even know if that's a model or trim level. Anyway, will start sniffing around. I still have an '04 VW R32 in the garage. When I was in full mod swing on that, there was a guy on the vortex forum who's the absolute GAWD of OEM+ on VW cars. There was ton's of cool cross platform stuff you could do from cooling, to interior, to performance, to puddle lights... That was awesome.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Speaking of OEM+

Haha I use them for tailgaters too. On Wednesday it was raining (moderately, but not enough to warrant rear fogs) and I was behind some a**hat going slow in the fast lane with their rear fogs blaring. As soon as I got around them I started flashing my rear fogs to see if that would get the point across.

What's a forum-brotha gotta do to get that hookup?
I mentioned to my dealer (close family friend) the idea of doing some group buys through him. He was open to it. Although idk if mods would require me to be a paying vendor. And to do that it might not be worth it on relatively small owner base like the RS. I don't have the time to be doing it on ST or Mustang forums too. So we'll see. Seats and other OEM+ goodies would be the goal.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Hoping for some warrantied FoMoCo suspension stuff that will work with stock struts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Cobb will be doing software and eventually hardware. There are other companies/shops that will be doing hardware, also.

I'll be doing bolt-ons and E30 tune to start with.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I mentioned to my dealer (close family friend) the idea of doing some group buys through him. He was open to it. Although idk if mods would require me to be a paying vendor. And to do that it might not be worth it on relatively small owner base like the RS. I don't have the time to be doing it on ST or Mustang forums too. So we'll see. Seats and other OEM+ goodies would be the goal.
For one time stuff like this that's really to help the community and not really make tons of money I don't BELIEVE you'll be required to be a paying vendor since you're not really a vendor and just a middle man technically. I'll fight for the cause anyway ;).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Revo Performance will probably be a tuner in Europe, complete with stages up to 5 but not most likely not under warranty

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
For one time stuff like this that's really to help the community and not really make tons of money I don't BELIEVE you'll be required to be a paying vendor since you're not really a vendor and just a middle man technically. I'll fight for the cause anyway ;).
Thanks! I just want to help organize it so that we can all benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Revo Performance will probably be a tuner in Europe, complete with stages up to 5 but not most likely not under warranty
I'm sure REVO will support the new RS. I'm hoping Superchips (Bluefin) in the UK will also support the RS considering they support previous RS models as well as the ST.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like that Mountune is covered under warranty.... just don't know if their pricing/quality is competitive with other major companies that aren't covered.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts