Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Speak to Tuneplus about the NX2 turbo they replied and shipped to the UK
NX2 they are good for 400 to nearly 700 and if you have a good tuner it’ll drive like factory so perfect for a DD
As for OEM rods and pistons, once you mod the engine and get near to or surpass 400hp you have lit the fuse to a ticking time bomb, even with reduced torque.
As for the Headgasket go the latest version of OEM forget all the other overpriced brands the factory one will work just fine.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Speak to Tuneplus about the NX2 turbo they replied and shipped to the UK
NX2 they are good for 400 to nearly 700 and if you have a good tuner it’ll drive like factory so perfect for a DD
As for OEM rods and pistons, once you mod the engine and get near to or surpass 400hp you have lit the fuse to a ticking time bomb, even with reduced torque.
As for the Headgasket go the latest version of OEM forget all the other overpriced brands the factory one will work just fine.
I disagree. The Ford "C" head gasket is your typical design geared compensate for Fords pathetic deck and head machining quality. The "C" gasket still weeps oil between the layers around the oil drain back galleries and needs additional sealant at the front of the block to stop oil leaks. Personally if I was building a new engine I'd use the latest Mountune MLS gasket and machine the head and deck to the required RA for an MLS gasket, IE a LOT better than Fords machining efforts. Of course those who's primary expertise is choosing parts from a catalogue and then getting someone else to actually build the engine might disagree.

Phil

·
Registered
766 Posts
Not yet on mine no leakage whatsoever and running a mere 24-32psi giving five hundred ++ of WHP and TQ’s
It’s basically the tuners headgasket of choice UK👍
PS
Don’t 100% of people choose a part from a catalogue ???? How else can you choose a part even yourself must of pursued a catalogue on line to know the mountune item was available lol and I’d say a good 95% of people get someone else to fit that part, so I really don’t get your point at all.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i had taken it to the ford dealer. Dropped it off in the morning, came back at the end of the day to be told by the head tech they didnt even checked the engine. He listened to the knocking noise and said engine is stuffed and gave me an invoice for $18k AUD for a replacement engine installed :sneaky::rolleyes:
needless to say i wasnt impressed

anyway ordered some parts
i'm going to put in:
-manley pistons 637000c-4
-darton sleeves
-brian crower rods bc6415 with arp2000
-arp head studs and mains, massive balance shaft delete kit
-ford performance cams 2015-2021 2.3L ECOBOOST HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMS
-single plate ceramic clutch kit
-• Xtreme-DI HPFP-35 High Pressure Fuel Pump
• Xtreme-DI XDI-i010-50 +50% DI Fuel Injector set
i'll stay with stock turbo for the time being for daily drivability

Anything else to recommend ?
I would use the Livernios hpfp. The xdi had enough issues that tune plus recommended against them. I’ve had some long term use with the Livernios hpfp and it’s great. But I do run the xdi injectors.
Just believe the Livernios pump is much better.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
If you're running anything other than the stock clutch you'll have to upgrade the synchros in the transmission. Might as well put in a LSD while you're in there.

edit: if you're going full forged with sleeves, not going big turbo would be a shame. That setup would be way overkill for a stock turbo.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts