Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know avoid the pothole 4head. But bent a rim I think due to either a pothole or uneven broken road that has a slightly steep drop off on a highway. Was getting on vibration. Tire shop that has never let me down found the issue. Found some forged rims that aren't a bad price. Was curious if anyone has had these before? Was thinking of eventually buying another oem rim to complete the set. One wheel shop said they can reforge the wheel possibly when my new tire comes in but that's a gamble if they can or not. But I've also found wheels for four that were cheaper than one of my oem rims. This one in the picture is not the one I'm talking about cause I do still want some quality and strength. Some things you get you pay for quality and I'm a firm believer in that unless more than one person tells me otherwise that the cheaper option is better. I want forged for a stringer rim. We got rough roads around here. You can't always swerve over to the other lane to avoid rough spots I can always slowdown real fast like a grandma but when someone is riding your butt in their big yee yee truck you can almost expect to get rear ended. So any reviews on these rims other than the little ones they got on the site? Much appreciated.... -Chad the 4head pothole fan
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

·
Registered
11 Posts
The wheels you posted aren't actually forged, but "rotary forged," which is the same thing as flow forming.

If you want a forged wheel, your options are pretty limited because of our bizarre bolt pattern. That said, Titan 7 makes one or two forged wheels in our size, and if you can find them, Volk occasionally puts out TE-37s in our bolt pattern as well.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
If you're mostly worried about potholes, you can also move down to 18's (or even better, 17's but options are VERY limited then).

You don't necessarily need a stronger wheel, just more rubber/sidewall to take the impact and abuse.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels you posted aren't actually forged, but "rotary forged," which is the same thing as flow forming.

If you want a forged wheel, your options are pretty limited because of our bizarre bolt pattern. That said, Titan 7 makes one or two forged wheels in our size, and if you can find them, Volk occasionally puts out TE-37s in our bolt pattern as well.
I'll take a look at those. I'm just looking for something a bit more affordable and stronger in case something happens again. Instead of paying 600 plus dollars. But thanks for the heads up on those rims

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're mostly worried about potholes, you can also move down to 18's (or even better, 17's but options are VERY limited then).

You don't necessarily need a stronger wheel, just more rubber/sidewall to take the impact and abuse.
I've seen some pretty beefy rims. I never been a fan of smaller rims ever since I've had mustangs. I can deal with 18s cause my v6 came with them. But 17s I don't think so. My boss 302 I ran 19s. But never had this happen and I hit some really bad pot holes in it before. Maybe cause they were thicker and heavier. But I'm going to check out the rims the other guy suggested. Maybe I should check out a thicker heavy rim but not necessarily forged? We will see. But I appreciate the input. Right now I know what road I have to avoid that has cost me probably this rim. Even if it is the longer way back home

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forged wheels can also bend with the properly applied amount of abuse. My previous set of TE37 (different car, OG set) had a bend in all of them. I can bend anything living in San Francisco.
Luckily it's just a road I have to avoid coming home and stay in the left lane on a certain spot on the interstate. My home road isn't bad.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm running 18" wheels on my car, OZ Hyper GT HLT. They are lighter than stock forged wheels, 18" tires are cheaper, more comfortable, and you can run them at lower pressures. It's a win in all categories - something to consider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts