Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been contemplating whether or not to post this on here, but thought everyone deserves to know what may happen to your car when you get it serviced at Bayford Epping.

Long post, sorry about that but worth the read if you really care about your car.

I took my car to Bayford Epping dealership for its 15k/1 year service, mind you my RS LE has only done 3300km in 1 year of ownership so far. The car is immaculate and taken care of and driven only on nice days. The car is practically brand new.

So on Friday I took my car in and as I waited 2-3 hours in the waiting area while unknown to me at the time the following things occurred:

-Their sales guy who sold me the car, told the service advisor that he SLAPPED ME out in order for me to purchase the car a year ago. Much more was said about me personally but ill refrain from mentioning it.
-They allowed a 19year old apprentice to drive my car from the service bay to the car park.
-The service advisor then egged the apprentice on by saying that the car he is about to drive is a rocket ship and that if he took him for a drive he would make him piss himself.
-The apprentice said the service manager told him to ask the head technician if he can test drive the car once the service is done.
-While my car was on the hoist and being “worked on”, the apprentice walked up to the technician and asked if he could drive my car after the service and bragged about already driving it earlier in the morning. When the technician said no he then asked to be taken with him on the test drive/JOY RIDE in which the technician agreed too.
-The only thing performed on the 3 page checklist/invoice was the oil change, nothing else was performed from what I could tell.
-Once the service was finished and taken off the hoist my car was driven behind the dealership out of my sight in the waiting area, the technician beeps the horn of my car and the apprentice jumps in the passenger seat.
-A couple of moments later another technician comes out and advises the technician driving my car to take it around the roundabouts and show the apprentice how f*cking well it handles.
-The technician then proceeds to drive my car out of the dealership with the apprentice in the passenger seat and in a 50km/h zone reaches speeds of 75km/h first and then 100+km/h speeds MULTIPLE TIMES where there are cars parked, stretching out each gear and making the exhaust pop multiple times. My car is stock and only pops in sports and race mode.
-The apprentice was then dropped off in a place where he would not be seen by anyone.

As you can probably tell this has all snowballed and my car ended up being driven like it was stolen due to an apprentice being egged on from senior staff.

My GPS enabled front and rear dash cameras picked all this up and MUCH more.

The Ops Manager has confirmed with his staff (they have all confessed) that all this has occurred and has apologised and agreed to refund my service fee. But the way this has been handled so far in my eyes has been terrible and I feel it has been swept under a rug and down played.

I feel so angry that I allowed someone else to drive my car, and humiliated that while this was all happening I was waiting there thinking everything was all good.

My car could of been impounded for doing double the speed limit, or even worse smashed or even used to kill someone.
They confirmed that if it was written off they would not be able to replace it as there are no more left especially with such low km’s.

I will be ensuring this NEVER happens to me again by never allowing another person to drive my car!
I hope this post opens peoples eyes up as to what may go on with our cars during a service when we hand the keys over, especially at this pathetic dealership.
STAY AWAY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Unfortunately, typical dealership in my eyes. Disrespectful sales people and mechanics. I also believe incompetent goes along with disrespectful in most dealership cases.

Sorry you had this experience. It sucks to have trusted people vandalize your stuff and talk smack about you personally.

On a different note, what dash cam do you have?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Seems to be common practice!
I haven't had this happen to me as I have always specified
NO ROAD TEST.
However another member on here (who may or may not chime in) had this happen to him, after I recommended him to use the dealer I had used, who then made me to look like a fool when they did this very same thing as the OP, to his car.
He didn't specify no road test, but it goes without saying that the car should be treated with respect not like a car you have just stolen for a joy ride.
The same member had a similar issue at another dealer from memory also.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, typical dealership in my eyes. Disrespectful sales people and mechanics. I also believe incompetent goes along with disrespectful in most dealership cases.

Sorry you had this experience. It sucks to have trusted people vandalize your stuff and talk smack about you personally.

On a different note, what dash cam do you have?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Viofo a129 duo

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO ROAD TEST.
However another member on here (who may or may not chime in) had this happen to him, after I recommended him to use the dealer I had used, who then made me to look like a fool when they did this very same thing as the OP, to his car.
He didn't specify no road test, but it goes without saying that the car should be treated with respect not like a car you have just stolen for a joy ride.
For some reason i forgot to tell them, i said no car wash but forgot to mention no test drive. Last time i brought it in for the 3k complementary checkup i said no test drive and no car wash.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi mate. This is really bad.
Please make sure you open a case file with Ford Australia and report it to them.
You can open a case file with Ford Australia by giving them a call and telling them you would like to open one. Then they will take the details of your problem and help you solve it right then and there or a case manager will call you back.
Alternatively, you can email them a complaint as a word document or pdf and ask for a case number that way.
The email is [email protected] or you can phone them on 13 3673

If it were me, I would also report it to the police - the driver should be held responsible for his actions, and you have video evidence.

·
Registered
176 Posts
NO ROAD TEST.
Yep, c'est moi.

The guy was smart enough to turn off the Dash Cam. Don't want to divulge how I found out, but they used launch control, and that was before I ever did. Bastard.

The manager knew I knew Jamo, which no doubt piled on the pressure.

That tech will never be working on my car again, they won't be road testing. And if they need to, it won't be without me in the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, c'est moi.

The guy was smart enough to turn off the Dash Cam. Don't want to divulge how I found out, but they used launch control, and that was before I ever did. Bastard.

The manager knew I knew Jamo, which no doubt piled on the pressure.

That tech will never be working on my car again, they won't be road testing. And if they need to, it won't be without me in the car.
That sucks mate, same dealership?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Although this kind of thing really bugs me, the way I think of it is there’s no way they could drive my car as hard as I do. As long as they don’t break it or fûck something up ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
176 Posts
That sucks mate, same dealership?

Thanks, it's a bad situation isn't it?

Yes, same dealer. Their excuse was that the guy was pretty new. I don't know what to say about that; bottom line is I know what to say and do next time, and they have two enthusiasts' custom to lose if anything else goes wrong.
Although this kind of thing really bugs me, the way I think of it is there’s no way they could drive my car as hard as I do. As long as they don’t break it or fûck something up ¯\(ツ)
It's a strange feeling - I would in no way do this to anyone if the roles were reversed.

As mentioned in the previous post by @pajoda it's the lack of respect. And if they treat the car like that, how do they treat it when they work on it? Well, I know the answer - with no respect at all. The same guy put the wrong spec oil in.

There are people out there who abuse the elderly in their workplace, so I guess I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Post the dash cam footage on youtube.
I think by definition this is illegal use of a motor vehicle, although they had permission to drive the car, definitely not for joy ride / abuse.
I would also report it to the police. Not so much for the car, but those involved are a menace on the road to the rest of the community.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is exactly why I will never be taking my car to Ford for a service EVER again.

Nobody drives my cars except for me, and if its getting a service, I am waiting with the car.

In regards to them thrashing your car around the block, assuming this was done when the car was cold too.

Man i'd be sooooooooooooooo pissed off right now.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I would let the owner know the story

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I’ve been contemplating whether or not to post this on here, but thought everyone deserves to know what may happen to your car when you get it serviced at Bayford Epping.

Long post, sorry about that but worth the read if you really care about your car.

I took my car to Bayford Epping dealership for its 15k/1 year service, mind you my RS LE has only done 3300km in 1 year of ownership so far. The car is immaculate and taken care of and driven only on nice days. The car is practically brand new.

So on Friday I took my car in and as I waited 2-3 hours in the waiting area while unknown to me at the time the following things occurred:

-Their sales guy who sold me the car, told the service advisor that he SLAPPED ME out in order for me to purchase the car a year ago. Much more was said about me personally but ill refrain from mentioning it.
-They allowed a 19year old apprentice to drive my car from the service bay to the car park.
-The service advisor then egged the apprentice on by saying that the car he is about to drive is a rocket ship and that if he took him for a drive he would make him piss himself.
-The apprentice said the service manager told him to ask the head technician if he can test drive the car once the service is done.
-While my car was on the hoist and being “worked on”, the apprentice walked up to the technician and asked if he could drive my car after the service and bragged about already driving it earlier in the morning. When the technician said no he then asked to be taken with him on the test drive/JOY RIDE in which the technician agreed too.
-The only thing performed on the 3 page checklist/invoice was the oil change, nothing else was performed from what I could tell.
-Once the service was finished and taken off the hoist my car was driven behind the dealership out of my sight in the waiting area, the technician beeps the horn of my car and the apprentice jumps in the passenger seat.
-A couple of moments later another technician comes out and advises the technician driving my car to take it around the roundabouts and show the apprentice how f*cking well it handles.
-The technician then proceeds to drive my car out of the dealership with the apprentice in the passenger seat and in a 50km/h zone reaches speeds of 75km/h first and then 100+km/h speeds MULTIPLE TIMES where there are cars parked, stretching out each gear and making the exhaust pop multiple times. My car is stock and only pops in sports and race mode.
-The apprentice was then dropped off in a place where he would not be seen by anyone.

As you can probably tell this has all snowballed and my car ended up being driven like it was stolen due to an apprentice being egged on from senior staff.

The Ops Manager has confirmed with his staff (they have all confessed) that all this has occurred and has apologised and agreed to refund my service fee. But the way this has been handled so far in my eyes has been terrible and I feel it has been swept under a rug and down played.

I feel so angry that I allowed someone else to drive my car, and humiliated that while this was all happening I was waiting there thinking everything was all good.

My car could of been impounded for doing double the speed limit, or even worse smashed or even used to kill someone.
They confirmed that if it was written off they would not be able to replace it as there are no more left especially with such low km’s.

I will be ensuring this NEVER happens to me again by never allowing another person to drive my car!
I hope this post opens peoples eyes up as to what may go on with our cars during a service when we hand the keys over, especially at this pathetic dealership.
STAY AWAY!!!

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Having owned an RS and having worked in the auto trade for 45 years I can tell you that these things happen at the best dealerships. I’m surprised you haven’t treated your car to the same treatment... that is why you bought it isn’t it? Did the service tech wreck it, I’m sure he didn’t wear the engine out, it does have a rev limiter, why are you so worried. In any case, how is the tech suppose to see if everything’s running right. In my career I tried out every performance car we sold, my first being a MB 300SEL6.3- doubt you even know what it is, 930 turbos, SLRs, SLSs and just about every AMG and RS model made. If the dealer breaks it they’ll get you another one.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts

STAY AWAY!!!

You mention “They drove it like they stole it” It’s my opinion, they did steal it.
When I had my HG done, the car ran great on the 33 mi. trip home. Then it was hard to start, and wouldn’t idle. They kept the car 2 days, with the service mgr. occasionally test driving it. This is an outstanding dealership my family and I have enjoyed for years. But....we all know what the RS does to a normally rational, law biding citizen. I won’t let myself imagine what may or may not have gone on behind my back. Never more!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Having owned an RS and having worked in the auto trade for 45 years I can tell you that these things happen at the best dealerships. I’m surprised you haven’t treated your car to the same treatment... that is why you bought it isn’t it? Did the service tech wreck it, I’m sure he didn’t wear the engine out, it does have a rev limiter, why are you so worried. In any case, how is the tech suppose to see if everything’s running right. In my career I tried out every performance car we sold, my first being a MB 300SEL6.3- doubt you even know what it is, 930 turbos, SLRs, SLSs and just about every AMG and RS model made. If the dealer breaks it they’ll get you another one.
You buy a car to drive it like that yourself. Not a dealer's apprentice. And not the mechanic. If others (eg friends, acquaintances) would like to, they ask nicely. Most I've offered to have a drive don't drive it as hard as I do. If you're still working somewhere please let us know so we don't take our cars there. I had launch control "tested" by the disrespectful (and incompetent) **** who worked on my car. But he kindly avoided using drift mode. By your argument he should have. Please feel free to lend me any of your cars and let me flog it from cold, and test it to my heart's content.

The only mechanics I trust (sadly very few who I actually can send the car to) would never ever dare do that to someone else's car. I even asked one to try the launch control in my Clio and they declined (I was asking why it was slower in launch control to 100).

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I'm not at all surprised by this post,sadly.

Ciao

1 - 20 of 44 Posts