Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 763 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi wicked. I am super excited to order an Focus RS, and I got in touch with the Ford Dealer in Albany, and have been after them since months.
They finally got back to me yesterday about placing my order, and today they called me to ask for an extra $5k over the sticker. I do not want to pay the adm, but I checked the other posts on the site, and see that nearly all the dealers are like that all over NorCal.
Did you end up placing an order?
If anyone from the Bay Area has done so, can they please post about their experiences?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm in San Jose area, too. Ordered mine from Capitol Ford, no ADM in any paperwork that I looked over so far.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I'm in SoCal but I'm up in the Bay like twice a month now for work...maybe I'll drive up one of the times I get my RS and do some runs up in the twisties up there :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
@KingZee Congrats on getting the order in. Did you have to pay any ADM?
no, ended up getting it at MSRP. I know the GM at my local dealer and my close friend is a vendor for them and refers A LOT of business his way. I had also purchased a transit connect for my business from him not too long ago so he was kind to me to say the least...still remains to be seen if he delivers on his promise but I have it in writing. From what I know they got three cars and the other two went for ADM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no, ended up getting it at MSRP. I know the GM at my local dealer and my close friend is a vendor for them and refers A LOT of business his way. I had also purchased a transit connect for my business from him not too long ago so he was kind to me to say the least...still remains to be seen if he delivers on his promise but I have it in writing. From what I know they got three cars and the other two went for ADM.
Nice. Lucky You!
Fingers crossed that you get it at MSRP, and I can get my order in at MSRP too, or maybe around ~1k ADM (Although, I am highly against it).

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm in Los Gatos. ordered mine through The Ford Store Morgan Hill. They're good people.
I'm really looking forward to the RS.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm in Sacramento and the Future Ford dealership is trying to charge me a $5,000 ADM. Does anyone know of any dealers that have a more affordable ADM or none? If someone can find me a better deal, I will literally pay you $100 through PayPal just for finding me a dealership that has a very low or no ADM at all.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Picked up Hilltop Ford's last allocation for 2k adm on Wednesday. Albany Ford wanted 5k.

Glad I did, because my 25 year old Honda Civic Si is on it's last leg. The seat adjuster failed to a slightly reclined position today. Laid back in its twilight.

Got the RS in Nitrous Blue. Can't wait to tear up Grizzly Peak :D But I'm super worried about how low the front end is and how steep my driveway entrance is.

That's Berkeley, everyone parks their nice cars on the street.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm in Sacramento and the Future Ford dealership is trying to charge me a $5,000 ADM. Does anyone know of any dealers that have a more affordable ADM or none? If someone can find me a better deal, I will literally pay you $100 through PayPal just for finding me a dealership that has a very low or no ADM at all.
Just an update, I was able to get my order in. I went to a dealership out of state, up in Oregon. I was their last allocation. Purchased at MSRP No ADM!!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm in Los Gatos. ordered mine through The Ford Store Morgan Hill. They're good people.
I'm really looking forward to the RS.
Hi Fuhrius,

At lunch today I spoke on the phone with the Morgan Hill Salesman that I was referred to, and he said that the 6(?) RS allocations that they sold this year all went to preexisting repeat-customers, friends of the owner/sales manager, etc., as opposed to someone cold-calling in out of the blue like me.

In other words, he said that even if I put down a deposit a year in advance for a MY2016 RS, there'd have been no chance for me to have gotten one of their 6 allocations, as they had more "friends of the family", etc., waiting in the wings, than they had received allocations.

Was this your experience with the Morgan Hill store?

I.e., do you/a friend have a pre-existing customer relationship with that store, or did you just drop in out of the blue and they accepted your deposit for one of their allocations?

During our call today, the salesman there said that "if" they receive additional MY2016 RS allocations (he said that may or may not happen), he'd let me know.

Please let me know which in/approach to use so all my ducks are already lined up whenever that call occurs, either for late/additional MY2016 allocations or for getting in the front of the line for a MY2017 allocation.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm a long-time, loyal customer. I think people often forget the value of long-standing relationships and loyalty as it relates to the car business.

I'll reiterate that I've been incredibly impressed with TFSMH over the years...they've earned my business.

I see a lot of *****ing about the way dealers treat potential customers...and I get that not all dealers are created equal...but I also have empathy for the dealers when I hear of people ordering, simultaneously, from multiple dealers - locking up their allocations - knowing that they'll eventually back out of all but one of those orders. (yes, even folks here on this forum do it) It's a two-way street.

1 - 20 of 763 Posts