Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So the other day I was in a hurry and when starting my car I pushed the clutch then slid it into first With clutch depressed (I have no idea why I did this) then let out the clutch like I was in neutral. Obviously the car jerked forward and stalled and I felt like an idiot.

So here’s where the problem is... now when the engine has any RPMs over idle and I let out the clutch there is a vibration in the pedal as it grabs. It’s not bad but noticeable. Did I do something to mess up the clutch, throw out bearing, flywheel? Etc. or am I just being paranoid and it’s always been there? 40k miles on the car and the occasional launch and spirited drive

if I press in the clutch and let the Rpms drop all the way down it’s fine. Or if I’m sitting and it’s in neutral it’s fine but even In neutral if I give it gas then let out the vibration is there

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Hi all,

So the other day I was in a hurry and when starting my car I pushed the clutch then slid it into first With clutch depressed (I have no idea why I did this) then let out the clutch like I was in neutral. Obviously the car jerked forward and stalled and I felt like an idiot.

So here’s where the problem is... now when the engine has any RPMs over idle and I let out the clutch there is a vibration in the pedal as it grabs. It’s not bad but noticeable. Did I do something to mess up the clutch, throw out bearing, flywheel? Etc. or am I just being paranoid and it’s always been there? 40k miles on the car and the occasional launch and spirited drive

if I press in the clutch and let the Rpms drop all the way down it’s fine. Or if I’m sitting and it’s in neutral it’s fine but even In neutral if I give it gas then let out the vibration is there
Stalling you're car as mentioned wont do it any damage. If it did the side of the highway would be littered with manual Fords. Probably just paranoia.

Ciao

1 - 2 of 2 Posts