Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Ford mentioned anything about the RS coming with a background Camera? Is that now an option with the 2015 Focus ST?

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the global reveal, you can see the backup camera mounted above the license plate holder location.

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 3.03.45 PM.png

But I haven't seen anything about it in the press releases.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did see a press release that did say it would have a backup camera.
I'm sure it will be standard just like it is on the 15 STs.
^^This.

Also, NHTSA "RULE" will require all new light vehicles, including cars, vans, SUVs, and trucks to have "rear-view visibility systems" (in effect: back up cameras).
According to the NHTSA "RULE", manufacturers of those vehicles must begin phasing this in on May 1, 2016 and 100% compliance is required by May 1, 2018.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, this is one option I wish my ST had. It's been one of my few complaints since day 1.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best thing is it came standard in the focus ST in Australia, However we only got one version. No option for sunroof, full leather seats etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice, this is one option I wish my ST had. It's been one of my few complaints since day 1.
Completely agree. Why is this car harder to park / see out of then my truck? I think you'll find that same problem in most new vehicles with a high beltline like the focus.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It does have the camera, but either I have a bad component or it sucks in quality compared to all the other screen/cam combos I've had in my ST/GT/Raptor or wife's C-Max. Very washed out picture even when setting stuff manually.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You must have something wrong. Ford has some of the best rearview camera setups out there. Every time we get a trade in from another brand I'm amazed at how crappy their cameras are!?

·
Registered
78 Posts
It does have the camera, but either I have a bad component or it sucks in quality compared to all the other screen/cam combos I've had in my ST/GT/Raptor or wife's C-Max. Very washed out picture even when setting stuff manually.
yah i'd get it checked out, mine works really well.

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Is it possible there is some protective plastic film over the camera still? I know my cell phone camera looked bad until I removed it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the camera on the RS uses this style of display? That actually shows where the car is going to go when you turn the wheel?
https://practicalmotoring.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/IMG_1023.jpg
Confirmed.

Is it possible there is some protective plastic film over the camera still? I know my cell phone camera looked bad until I removed it.
Check, none. Fleet Mgr at dealer took a look - she said 'bad camera'. I'm starting a 'punch list'.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
AndyR
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing