Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Any ideas? It used to happen once every few months on hot days. Now it’s almost every other day no matter what the weather is doing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
this happens to me occasionally and it eventually leads to a black screen that says to bring it to the dealer, and everytime it happens to me it happens on the weekend when the dealer is closed and resolves itself by Monday and the dealer claims they can never recreate the issue🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
this happens to me occasionally and it eventually leads to a black screen that says to bring it to the dealer, and everytime it happens to me it happens on the weekend when the dealer is closed and resolves itself by Monday and the dealer claims they can never recreate the issue🤦‍♂️
You know it shouldn't matter whether or not they can re create the issue. When it happens you take an image of it and show it to the dealer, that should suffice. Then they change the most likely component in their experience that causes the issue. Dealer that fob off customers with the old NFF (no fault found) excuse to intermittent issues need to be taken on.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Wife's C-max was blurry....... brought it to the dealer and they swapped it out.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This happened to me after rainstorms. Unfortunately, I’m out of warranty. I swapped it out for a junkyard unit last week. I’m hoping it stays resolved.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine does this intermittently. Seems to happen more in very hot weather--maybe. I thought I saw a thread on ways to troubleshoot but can't find it. I found this on the ST site on wiring. I'm not sure where the fuse is for the camera.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You know it shouldn't matter whether or not they can re create the issue. When it happens you take an image of it and show it to the dealer, that should suffice. Then they change the most likely component in their experience that causes the issue. Dealer that fob off customers with the old NFF (no fault found) excuse to intermittent issues need to be taken on.

Ciao
I emailed them pictures of it distorted and when it went black and said to contact the dealer and their remedy was to "check all the connections" so it hasnt done it in a while but next time im just going to drive straight to the dealer and have them replace the assembly

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
for intermitent issues like that they should just replace the camera for jebus sake!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I emailed them pictures of it distorted and when it went black and said to contact the dealer and their remedy was to "check all the connections" so it hasn't done it in a while but next time I'm just going to drive straight to the dealer and have them replace the assembly
I'm not against the basics like connectors if that's proven to be an issue in the past or one is obviously loose but the reluctance to change intermittent components until they fail, no.
I had a new car about 15 years ago that had an issue with the indicators failing to work from time to time. I looked up the wiring diagram and found they were controlled by the BCM. Took it to the dealer and naturally they were working ok so they wouldn't do anything about it. I asked if they were they willing to pay any fines I received from the Police for failing to indicate when they decided to stop working again?
I said I wanted a new BCM fitted and they said not until your's fails completely. I noticed in the dealership parking area a Monaro the same as mine that I had noticed parked there every time I went in and asked who owns the Black Monaro. "Oh that's the sales managers company car" came the reply. Right I said i'll have the BCM out of his car and i'm not leaving till I get it, he can take the risk of getting booked by the Cops. I got my way in the end.

Ciao

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had this issue after my car was repaired from an accident. What ended up fixing it for me was cleaning up the ground connections in the back really well and making sure the ground connections were solid. I had to run a tap through one because it had paint inside. There is one ground connection on the upper side of the hatch under the trim, and another behind an access panel in the trunk on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I had this issue after my car was repaired from an accident. What ended up fixing it for me was cleaning up the ground connections in the back really well and making sure the ground connections were solid. I had to run a tap through one because it had paint inside. There is one ground connection on the upper side of the hatch under the trim, and another behind an access panel in the trunk on the passenger side.
Good to know, thanks.

Ciao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts