Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how useless or useful are the back seats on the RS going to be. Can an adult fit back there? You current Focus owners, please comment, need to know the good and the bad...

·
Registered
58 Posts
The legroom can be a little tight for taller people, but they are quite usable. Not nearly as roomy as say a VW GTI, but how many of us are toting around a full load of peeps while boosting?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I hope the back hatch area can fit my dog lol but she wont stop growing so that may not work out. I'm all set with my beast sitting on suede and leather seats.

·
Registered
520 Posts
They're pretty much the same size as those in the 1st and second gen Mazda 3 (both C1 cars) so not anything like a Mercedes S class, but not nearly as bad as a coupe either. I don't ever sit back there but I've had 2 or even 3 adults back there no problem. I expect the same room for the FoRS......well maybe a bit less because of the chunky Recaro front seats, but oh well!

·
Premium Member
3,301 Posts
Wife and I were looking at ST2s recently to make sure she was comfortable sitting it in and she like the back more than the front. She is short.

·
Registered
85 Posts
me and 3 friends (all good sized guys) took my ST on a 4 hour road trip to VT just fine. i specifically asked if they were comfortable as that was the first time i really had big people back there. they had no complaints. leg room was tight behind me but im tall. plenty of room for children back there. like others said. it's not huge, but adequate.

·
Registered
139 Posts
With my '13 ST2 the problem is getting in/out is a bit tight, but there's actually a decent cavity in the center of the seat for some leg room. Mind you I'm 6'4". It can be done and it's not that bad. People complain less thanks to the 4 doors even though my GTI had more leg/shoulder room

·
Registered
130 Posts
Currently have a 14 ST3. Recaros are pretty bulky. Rear legroom can be pretty tight, but they are still usable. I'm 6'3 and people under 6'0 seem to be able to sit behind me without much complaining.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts