Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first heard them years ago, and my reaction then was WTF, I am am intrigued. Japanese pop idols singing some kind of metal thing. I just started listening to their last album "Metal Galaxy" today and several tracks brought back that first WTF feeling.
Ijime, Dame, Zettai
Megistune
Headbanger

I don't know wtf is going on this song, its like a Japanese school girl decided to be a pirate and had access to an electric guitar.

Shanti, Shanti, Shanti has got some Indian vibe with the instruments and melodies.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is most peoples reactions.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I would say I had the same first impression. But hey it came from Japan, it'll be weird (at least to us)!

I saw the videos like 3 years ago or so, first one was this:

Then as @thirdgen89gta already stated Megitsune then Karate:

There are idols in Japan in this age range in different genre that a conglomerate sponsors.

There are other age, even ethnic background that gets into this:

This group had split up like 2-3 yrs ago and the Aussie guy already formed his own group, Deadlift Lolita:

It makes money.... btw... BabyMetal is only Su-Metal and MoaMetal as Yui-Metal had a medical condition that does not allow her to tour no more. (BabyMetal had performed to Metal concerts in the States and other countries)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. The Japanese Idol industry is something we really don’t have here.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
The official genre is Kawaii Metal. I guess it's harder to get Japan into metal so they made it cuter?

·
Registered
281 Posts
The official genre is Kawaii Metal. I guess it's harder to get Japan into metal so they made it cuter?
The Japanese metal scene is huge so I don't think they have trouble finding fans. This is just a producer seeing a niche that combines metal and jpop and capitalizing on it.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I liked blasting that from the RS while driving the kid and wife around on Halloween. Was great when some kid, that looked to be a young metalhead, appeared to know the song and get really excited about it.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Every time I see that, all I can think of is the old anime Project A-ko, where they made fun of Fist of the North Star.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've found that stubbly square-jawed muscular cross-dressing men is a pretty common theme in most animes lol
Actually, the character is a girl. Buy a parody of FotNS.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
And now there is a real life one!

Based from some interviews I watched about this dude....

He is a legit Metal performer

He wrestles

He is a hetero... likes cross dressing though.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole, diggy diggy hole.

Heard this on my Tidal mix. WTF the lyrics make me laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I know the lyrics all too well.... At least I now have a theme song in my head when I am at the losing end of an argument with the Mrs.

Great hair though!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't realize it got its start as a Minecraft song. My nephew will never let me live it down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts