Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Another update: It seems like I've found the culprit. Had the car up on jack stands and started to look around. First thing I did was wiggle the wheel speed sensor cable to see if it was loose and booooooy was it! Thing basically flopped off with a tiny tug.

It looks like the plug to the sensor itself broke or melted off. One of the leads actually broke off inside the connector but I was able to fish it out with some narrow needle nose pliers.

Called around nearby dealers and none of them had it in stock, so I guess the car will stay on jackstands until I can get the part in next week.

For those who are curious, p/n is BV6Z2C204A and runs around $33.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thankfully the speed sensors are cheap and reasonably easy.

Check the wiring /connections and check for rust before replacing any other sensors

·
Registered
580 Posts
This is the second sensor I've seen go on the forum in the last month. I'll make a note to check mine when I swap wheels and do my brakes. Glad it's an easy fix for you.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Thankfully the speed sensors are cheap and reasonably easy.

Check the wiring /connections and check for rust before replacing any other sensors
Ya, looks like I could even get the sensor from rockauto for cheaper if I really wanted to, but I'm gonna stick with OEM for now. I went ahead and checked all the other wheel sensors while I had the car on stands and cleaned them with electronic parts cleaner.

This is the second sensor I've seen go on the forum in the last month. I'll make a note to check mine when I swap wheels and do my brakes. Glad it's an easy fix for you.
Ya, I was really relieved when I found that. There is nothing worse than a mystery electrical issue. You can be chasing that sh!t for ever...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts