Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered these and was wondering if anyone has them installed? I'm curious on how much more wheel width I can run.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You will have to cut the fenders to get any performance improvement. You can add as much wheel width as you've added fender.. doesn't appear to say how much width they add.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You have to look at who actually makes that wide body. I believe this guy ran the same kit from Airtec, and was running Enkei NT03's 18 x 9.5 +40, and Federal RSRR Tires (285/35/18) with 25mm spacers. Definitely have to cut the fenders.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would anyone do that the install themselves and use that stuff to attach it????!!!! I definitely plan to pay a legit body shop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to look at who actually makes that wide body. I believe this guy ran the same kit from Airtec, and was running Enkei NT03's 18 x 9.5 +40, and Federal RSRR Tires (285/35/18) with 25mm spacers. Definitely have to cut the fenders.

Thanks! I was wondering why on the website it doesn't say it was made by airtec. Definitely don't want to run spacers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will have to cut the fenders to get any performance improvement. You can add as much wheel width as you've added fender.. doesn't appear to say how much width they add.
Yeah I couldn't find any technical data. I will be a emailing the company to ask.

·
Registered
757 Posts
If you live in California, who cares. No matter how you do it, the car is ruined.
I might agree if not done properly however with experience you can easily redo factory structural integrity.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
That look extremely serve for a stick on body kit and i thought the guy in the video made a mess..............

·
Registered
757 Posts
That look extremely serve for a stick on body kit and i thought the guy in the video made a mess..............
Says the guy who doesn’t fab race cars yet bought a rally inspired car to park and stare at. I use mine and made wide body to use wide wheels which you couldn’t dare to put on your car. Lol. I wish you best of luck stitch welding 16g steel. 👍🏻

·
Registered
757 Posts
What do you have going on there?
Anytime u widen the track width and want useable wheel bump travel U must alter wheel arches . The two pc quarter panel ford uses is adhesive mounted and spot welded with and external pitch in wheel well. If you widen track the wheel will bottom out on the vertical edge of the fender. You must remove spring from suspension and cycle control arm to see what’s needed for clearance on new wheels and width etc. I needed approximately 80mm of vertical edge material removed. Once cut you have a hollow section which needs forming and welding back together. You form the inner panel back over to outer and create a 90degree edge for rib support. Blend out and paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts