Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Chris Harris loved this car with only 295 bhp. Just imagine what it will do with 400!! Dig the R32 and now the R and am glad they have surpassed the STi and evo. I think if I had one and the RS that I would drive the VW daily because it's so much nicer inside and keep the RS for weekends or when I'm feeling rowdy

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have not rode in a focus yet so I imagine it's between the evo and STi. My father owned an R32 and I've owned several VW's over the years so I have a better idea of the quality and feel. I could be totally wrong about the focus RS and hope I am wrong about it. I keep thinking I should go with the A3 to be comfortable, but it doesn't have any balls and no RS3 coming to the states. Even then I bet I'm dissapointed with the RS3 over the Focus RS because of the price point.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have not rode in a focus yet so I imagine it's between the evo and STi. My father owned an R32 and I've owned several VW's over the years so I have a better idea of the quality and feel. I could be totally wrong about the focus RS and hope I am wrong about it. I keep thinking I should go with the A3 to be comfortable, but it doesn't have any balls and no RS3 coming to the states. Even then I bet I'm dissapointed with the RS3 over the Focus RS because of the price point.
The pictures I posted are of the R400 interior (current) and the new MkIII RS. I've only owned two VW's, the Rabbit that was new in 78' and most recently a Mk IV Jetta VR6. It was the worst car I've owned period, of the almost 30 cars I've owned in my life. I suggest you stick with VW's and leave the RS to those of us who would take one tomorrow if given the chance. The Teutonic car "quality" myth is just that............a myth. :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The pictures I posted are of the R400 interior (current) and the new MkIII RS. I've only owned two VW's, the Rabbit that was new in 78' and most recently a Mk IV Jetta VR6. It was the worst car I've owned period, of the almost 30 cars I've owned in my life. I suggest you stick with VW's and leave the RS to those of us who would take one tomorrow if given the chance. The Teutonic car "quality" myth is just that............a myth. :)

LOL...stick with VW. Ide only buy the golf R new and own it till the warranty ran out. MkIV Jetta is on my top 10 list of worst cars ever as well as the fing cabbie.

This might be the deciding factor between the RS and golf R for buyers if the performance is the same. It would come down to quality of the build and what car your more comfortabe in. I doubt ide buy the VW ( the old man in me says it will be more comfortabe ) as they have been the most frustrating cars Ive owned. I've been waiting impatiently like everybody else and am willing to give Ford a shot.

·
Registered
222 Posts

LOL...stick with VW. Ide only buy the golf R new and own it till the warranty ran out. MkIV Jetta is on my top 10 list of worst cars ever as well as the fing cabbie.

This might be the deciding factor between the RS and golf R for buyers if the performance is the same. It would come down to quality of the build and what car your more comfortabe in. I doubt ide buy the VW ( the old man in me says it will be more comfortabe ) as they have been the most frustrating cars Ive owned. I've been waiting impatiently like everybody else and am willing to give Ford a shot.
LOL, you sounded like the typical "German cars are the best" kinda guy from your previous post, sorry if I stuck you in that group. :cool: I've just heard it/seen it so many times from the fanboys. I gave Ford a shot, when I bought the Focus ST. I came from a long line of, and was always a GM guy previously. Specifically Pontiac. It was a dagger in my heart when Bob Lutz killed the red arrowhead. I was ready to get rid of my 2008' Grand Prix GXP (my 5th Grand Prix) and when I started looking for a DD that excited me, I test drove a lot of cars, and ultimately bought the ST. I haven't looked back since, and my ST turns 2 in about 2 weeks. I just added another mod to it today, and I still grin like I was 16 again every time I do something new to the car and take it for a ride. If the RS is 1/2 of what we all think it will be, it will be a world class driving machine and will not disappoint. I pray that Ford continues on it's current path, because after 35 years of never owning a Ford I would be happy to stay converted. Now if somehow, someway Pontiac is revived, I would have to give it another chance. Having sat in the front seat of a new 69' GTO Judge Ram Air when I was 8 years old at the dealer my grandfather worked at, I would owe Pontiac another shot. :cool:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
LOL, you sounded like the typical "German cars are the best" kinda guy from your previous post, sorry if I stuck you in that group. :cool: I've just heard it/seen it so many times from the fanboys. I gave Ford a shot, when I bought the Focus ST. I came from a long line of, and was always a GM guy previously. Specifically Pontiac. It was a dagger in my heart when Bob Lutz killed the red arrowhead. I was ready to get rid of my 2008' Grand Prix GXP (my 5th Grand Prix) and when I started looking for a DD that excited me, I test drove a lot of cars, and ultimately bought the ST. I haven't looked back since, and my ST turns 2 in about 2 weeks. I just added another mod to it today, and I still grin like I was 16 again every time I do
something new to the car and take it for a ride. If the RS is 1/2 of what we all think it will be, it will be a world class driving machine and will not disappoint. I pray that Ford continues on it's current path, because after 35 years of never owning a Ford I would be happy to stay converted. Now if somehow, someway Pontiac is revived, I would have to give it another chance. Having sat in the front seat of a new 69' GTO Judge Ram Air when I was 8 years old at the dealer my grandfather worked at, I would owe Pontiac another shot. :cool:
Those GXP's were hot. My brother owned one and I was shocked how well it performed. My father was big into GM muscle cars owning over 100 cars over the years ( well over a 100 ) and fancied the Olds 442 the most owning several W-30's. I got into datsuns 510s then went with to the STi. I use to buy cars from auction and drive them a bit before I sold them so that's how I ended up with all VW's.

I read an article that ford was getting a lot of business from wealthy affluent customers. The thinking was that the quality high enough in the focus and fiesta that it appeased them enough for purchase. I'm really suprised that rich people would buy a fiesta, but whatever. I'm just tired of subaru and over the VW thing (golf R is tempting tho if the RS dissapointes), so I am hoping ford gets my business from here on out. What the hell is chevy doing anyway? Return the typhoon?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have never known anyone who ever owned a Pontiac much less a die hard. Anyway the mk5 gti was one of the suckiest cars I ever owned. Great great things about the new r but have zero confidence in vw

·
Registered
32 Posts
I keep looking at those wheels on the R-400. Not sure if they are the production ones. I kinda like them, but the rest of the car is incredibly bland, interior, exterior...

·
Registered
70 Posts
My buddy owns a VW dealership. I wish he owned a Ford dealership. :rolleyes:

The VW is just boring looking. Like any other GTI. Bulge the fenders, do something to make it look special or unique. I like 'sleepers' and flying under the radar but the R400 is bland.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Burt Gummer
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing