Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headline says it all, but...

Like many of you, I bought my Focus RS AFTER the OTTO models were already sold out. And it bums me out. After some googling today though, I found AutoArt said back about a year ago they'd be making a actual diecast 1/18 scale Focus RS. And supposedly, they'll make it in Blue, Black, Grey, and White. I haven't confirmed Red.

Anyways, it's been a year. And nothing. So I reached out to them (AutoArt) today and they've confirmed its still in the works. Their best guess is July/August.

I don't know about you, but I'm very excited. I hope our tea drinking friends can send some our way if we don't get some in the states.

Image of the examples:
autoart-118-ford-focus-rs-nitrous-blue-hood.jpg
autoart-118-ford-focus-rs-nitrous-blue-doors.jpg
autoart-118-ford-focus-rs-nitrous-blue-profile.jpg
autoart-118-ford-focus-rs-nitrous-blue-front34.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
wow, the sample looks pretty good. IIRC the otto one is a one piece and doesn't have openable doors? attention to detail seems really good too, likely won't be cheap. hope the quality doesn't suffer when produced at large volume.

personally I was hoping to also see other versions i.e. RHD, north america, and regular seats, but I guess it could get too expensive for development and production and unlikely to happen unless done by some big company.

·
Registered
141 Posts
wow, the sample looks pretty good. IIRC the otto one is a one piece and doesn't have openable doors? attention to detail seems really good too, likely won't be cheap. hope the quality doesn't suffer when produced at large volume.

personally I was hoping to also see other versions i.e. RHD, north america, and regular seats, but I guess it could get too expensive for development and production and unlikely to happen unless done by some big company.
You are correct the Otto models are one piece resin models not die cast like these. They still look great but do not have opening doors, hatch or hood like this.

Personally I can't wait for these to come out and glad somebody contacted them. I have a stealth grey and nitrous blue LE Otto model but will be very happy to add to the collection. Hopefully they can keep their promise and deliver models later this summer. Wondering if all colors will be available at once or like the Ottos do runs of each color?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yeah, same here. Have the Otto blue and grey. But I am still waiting for a black one from whichever come out first. Otto made blue/grey/white but no black...email them and replied saying no ETA. Hope AutoArt makes the black one too.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good find. I'm going to go ahead and pre-order because I'm impatient.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Looks super impressive. I'm not one for models but I am actually tempted by this. I'd probably pull the trigger if they do a version with the silver alloys, to match my car.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
Toronto Motorsports has all four colours listed on their website for the AutoArt pre-order - $219.99 CAD.
One Stealth Grey ordered. $209.00 CAD if you are a member and have made a previous purchase

Clear display case with black base $27.00 CAD (member price) or $34.99 CAD as a first purchase.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Pre-ordered FW too. This will look great in the office!

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hope that you all are okay with shell seats and an Euro interior
AUTOart to Launch 1:18 scale 2016 Ford Focus RS Soon ? Hand Sample Released ? xDiecast
It's a compromise, it probably wouldn't make financial sense to make different versions unless they can project high sales volume and have the production capability.

Strangely in the sample pics it has sync 2 with the gloss black sony panel -- IIRC all sync 2 cars have the matte plastic panels?

There are some mistakes on other small details, like the missing reflector on front doors, this can be easily fixed. The antenna seems off to me. The tailgate doesn't open all the way in the pic, not sure if it can't or just didn't. The front wipers look funny, and the rear one's at a weird angle. The rain sensor and cruise control camera housing doesn't have the correct openings facing front. The most concerning of all is whatever happened to the rear door frames, clearly something went horribly wrong on the top rear corner of the door frame. Hopefully these issues get addressed and it'll be great.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
21 Participants
ilDiavel
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing