·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't understand? What was funny??
Did it work or not??
I can't confirm if it worked for disabling auto stop.
I tried it quick last night and noted it disabled ALL the interior dash lights/gages/sync etc lol. Car started fine, but I would not want to give up all my displays lol

I'll try to find a replacement switch on ebay once i find the part number. I think the entire shifter plate with the 3 buttons gets replaced as a single unit.

I just figured I was victim to a forum joke lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry for that, I hadn't actually tried it myself but was looking for a fix myself and came across that, and had it saved to try it myself, my apologies for the bum steer!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry for that, I hadn't actually tried it myself but was looking for a fix myself and came across that, and had it saved to try it myself, my apologies for the bum steer!
All good, made me laugh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has this happened to anyone else? I searched but the only other thread I found was someone complaining about the auto start/stop feature. I wish I had a pic of this but it's only happened to me when I'm in the middle of traffic and I have to immediately get going. Basically what happens is I come to a stop and the engine shuts off normally when I take my foot off the clutch. When I disengage the clutch the engine doesn't attempt to start and I just get that message on the center display. It's extremely jarring when I'm in traffic. I have to hit the button for the push-to-start and the vehicle does a normal start where the headlights will turn off for a second and I can drive away.
I apologize for invading your Focus RS discussion but I have a 2018 F 150 V8 that I have had the same issue you are describing occur. I was researching this issue and found your post. Ironically, I pulled up to the intersection and I was the first vehicle in line and I was trying to read and memorize the message when the traffic light changed for us to go yet I still had not restarted the engine!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts