1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I heard you're getting carbon fiber wheels, true?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
That would be cool if you do. Wonder how much a set would be?

What's the exchange rate between AU and US?

Jim

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No carbon fibre wheels...only wheel option for Aust is forged with Pilot Cup tyres.
Seats are shell seats (like MKII RS....Hooray!!)....no options
Exterior colours are Frozen white, Magnetic, Black and Nitrous Blue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No carbon fibre wheels...only wheel option for Aust is forged with Pilot Cup tyres.
Seats are shell seats (like MKII RS....Hooray!!)....no options
Exterior colours are Frozen white, Magnetic, Black and Nitrous Blue.
I pulled down the brochure, and it only has those items in there too.

Makes me think this is it as well.
At least I know I won't be going overboard with options.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm still jealous about the magnetic grey. Really wish the States would have received it :[
I still would have gone with Stealth. I like the military experimental vehicle look to it. Industrial/sinister. But, I think that most people would definitely have preferred the magnetic gray. Bummer they didn't bring it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It just really bums me out that we already have that color on other cars here. My heart was so set on this color. Actually, before I was even going to get a Focus RS, I was trying to find a 2004 Mustang GT in the dark grey color. There's just something about that color that I love. I ended up going with the Nitrous Blue but I'm still going to be very jealous once I see Magnetic Grey Focus RS pictures from overseas. Might eventually end up wrapping the car in a Magnetic Grey look-a-like.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
It just really bums me out that we already have that color on other cars here.
What's really stupid is ALL RSs ARE BUILT ON THE SAME PRODUCTION LINE. Why can't they offer that color to all markets? It's dumb.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What's really stupid is ALL RSs ARE BUILT ON THE SAME PRODUCTION LINE. Why can't they offer that color to all markets? It's dumb.
Yeah, I mean...we could go on and on about stuff that overseas gets that we do not lol, even when it's made on the same production line. Also, the fact that even some states in North America get engine block heaters at no charge...and it's not even offered to Michigan as an option. That's what blows my mind. We already have snow in Northern Michigan.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Because of my line of work, I was lucky enough to be trained on the color selection process and why some countries get a certain color and others don't. This has been going on in the international car market for over 45 years. What prompted this is that certain markets tend to have far different taste then other markets. And manufactures want to avoid inventory holds longer then 90 days when possible. Color plays a large part to the formula. Car design and marketing are packaged for specific clientele. For example VW rabbit convertibles were specifically marketed to women. The colors selected need to show case the style lines and appeal to that sector. This is why you didn't see a whole lot of black ones. In addition to that, where the car is sold makes a big impact. In Germany, car colors tended to be reserved compare to US market but interior choices would be off the charts odd to us, but well styled to them. The fewer but well selected colors in any given market tends to help the profits. That equates to few interior inventory for stock, bulk material cost goes down, i.e. paints, less variety upholstery equals less inventory support and so on. But with fewer selections, higher probability failed product line sales . For example in 1984 Alfa Romeo shipped thousands of GTV6 to this country that were silver with blue interiors. This was a successful offering in Europe and more so Germany. But you could not give that car away here. They sat on lots for over two years. Cars that don't move look real bad, real fast. Alfa had to buy back inventory from dealers.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My wife's cabbie is black supertank lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Screenshot_2015-10-21-07-31-24.png Don't count out the carbon fiber wheels yet guys, they still haven't released details of available accessories yet. Just keep your fingers crossed in the mean time!
Stoked we are getting the shell seats & rear fog light and full 257kw even with our crap fuel (recommend 95-98 RON). There must be a fair bit left in the engine just from tuning then. 😆
Matching seat for the little man, pretty cool.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
View attachment 1853 Don't count out the carbon fiber wheels yet guys, they still haven't released details of available accessories yet. Just keep your fingers crossed in the mean time!
Stoked we are getting the shell seats & rear fog light and full 257kw even with our crap fuel (recommend 95-98 RON). There must be a fair bit left in the engine just from tuning then. ��
Matching seat for the little man, pretty cool.
Yeah the 257kw on 95 makes me think its going to be a blast and not under-cooked like Audi/VW offerings

1 - 20 of 30 Posts