Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Like to think I will be. This is sounding better and better all the time. Coming from a ST there will be several familiarities. I can't help think the nannies will render drift mode out the window, and if this is actually the sound of the 2016 RS as claimed the muffler or the anti lag type thing mentioned will get a workover too.

https://soundcloud.com/user498364608

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here. Putting a deposit down for a nitrous blue with wheel and tyre option tomorrow. Have any of you managed to negotiate a better deal than full retail?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nah man, didn't even try. I just asked for their first one and I am happy with that. Last car I bought from them I got at lease purchase price and just wrote a cheque and managed to get from 54 down to 45, but half of that saving was GST and there were quite a few dealer fitted accessories to negotiate on. I think dealer delivery carges are about 2.5k on the RS, not too much room to move.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Deposit placed today, managed to scrounge about $1500 off the retail price which I was both surprised and happy about. Remember when you claim the GST you pay it back when you sell (if you sell which you might not if you have a Mk2!) I'm number 2 at my dealership, they said it will be in the first batch so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Deposit placed today, managed to scrounge about $1500 off the retail price which I was both surprised and happy about. Remember when you claim the GST you pay it back when you sell (if you sell which you might not if you have a Mk2!) I'm number 2 at my dealership, they said it will be in the first batch so we'll see how it goes.
Did you go with any options?

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what was your total driveaway price? I got the paint option (Magnetic Grey) and the wheels package, came to a total of $60,200 driveaway with all the rego, stamp duty etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, what was your total driveaway price? I got the paint option (Magnetic Grey) and the wheels package, came to a total of $60,200 driveaway with all the rego, stamp duty etc.
I went with nitrous blue and wheel option for 58K drive away with 12 months rego.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you go with any options?
As above went with the paint and wheels. Dealer said there might be some other accessories being released at a later date? Seems all of us on here are well ahead of the game, one dealer I went to didn't even know the car was on their website yet lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
58k wheels and white so no premium paint. March is the expected delivery for the first batch.
On the Dealer Confidential Bulletin for the RS the very last thing it says is "FCSD will publish more details in a separate bulletin regarding accessories availability for th LZ Focus RS." Lets keep our fingers crossed for the carbon fiber wheels (the whole reason I went for a white car). They should be coming, lets hope not at ridiculous money still.

·
Registered
58 Posts
58k wheels and white so no premium paint. March is the expected delivery for the first batch.
On the Dealer Confidential Bulletin for the RS the very last thing it says is "FCSD will publish more details in a separate bulletin regarding accessories availability for th LZ Focus RS." Lets keep our fingers crossed for the carbon fiber wheels (the whole reason I went for a white car). They should be coming, lets hope not at ridiculous money still.
CF wheels?? What do they look like? I went for the forged option but im not sold on the look of them. If you could option the cup 2s on their own I would have ticked that with the standard wheels and had the wheels painted a gunmetal colour.

·
Super Moderator
15,484 Posts
Last I heard a set of four CF wheels like on the GT350r cost way more than a FoST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
56.4k Nitrous blue - standard wheels

Dealer delivery was a whopping 2490

Only concession was a promise to throw in a ford racing jacket (which is probably priced into the contract anyway)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those of you who have ordered, have any of you received anything by way of confirmation from your dealer like a ford order number or something like that? I have a copy of the contract but that's about it at this stage.

It will be cool to see the media frenzy once the journos get their hands on the press cars and the reviews start rolling out!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Those of you who have ordered, have any of you received anything by way of confirmation from your dealer like a ford order number or something like that? I have a copy of the contract but that's about it at this stage.

It will be cool to see the media frenzy once the journos get their hands on the press cars and the reviews start rolling out!
Nothing yet

Can't wait to see the first reviews. On paper this should be a ball tearer fitting of the RS badge.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts