Ford Focus RS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had my covercraft car cover (weathershield HP) for almost 3 years - overall I think they're pretty good. Fit is good and I just chuck the cover in the washing machine when it needs a clean. They don't completely cover the wheels/tyres like some other covers so that is something to be aware of. If I was going to buy another car cover for a different car I would also look at companies like classic additions or california car cover company. I think Paolo (the moderator) had a pretty fancy one made up - you might want his opinion.
Thks for the feedback. I googled the original one supplied by Ford USA and the part number is VG1EZ-19A412-A and is about $350 USD also made by Carcraft.

Send that Carcraft is the baseline.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sometimes, things just go around in circles....having sold my 2016 in 2017, and left the fold for two years....I've just put my name down on another RS. I've NEVER missed a car as much as this one. I just spent two things in something I'd describe as a brute force ride, grunt with some finesse and a whole bunch of cylinders. But coming back...i'm itching to re-do some old mods. Hence my post in here....I know quite a few have moved their RS on...so sniffing about to make myself feel better about buying stuff even before getting it delivered..
Mountune or Tune+ bits and AP/tune. Remember selling my unused Tune+ bits to someone on here 2 years ago....how that comes back to bite me :) Like the the Mountune stuff though and it's conservative nature
Lowering springs....want flat. I have the Pumaspeed Special Ed's (by Eibach) hey sat beautifully, but felt a bit compliant, who'd have thought that would annoy but it took that razor sharp feel of the car away. Whiteline maybe? Or the same Pumas if anyone had a set
I also had a beautiful Elite VP Sphere custom shift knob from Lathewerks...but wouldn't at least mind something similar, the stocker is underwhelming
If i may quote my own message....and add one item! If anyone has a set of genuine 'Ford' wheel caps they've removed to fit 'RS' ones just sitting around, I'm interested. I'm a little badge phobic which is a tough condition with the RS....I'd rather have the Ford ones and a little less 'hey im an RS!' in my life :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
If i may quote my own message....and add one item! If anyone has a set of genuine 'Ford' wheel caps they've removed to fit 'RS' ones just sitting around, I'm interested. I'm a little badge phobic which is a tough condition with the RS....I'd rather have the Ford ones and a little less 'hey im an RS!' in my life :)
I think I have a set of them too. I will have to check when home.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have them. $50 delivered only have 5000km on them. Excellent condition.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
I do have a set of Ford badged centre wheel caps still in original packaging but conscious of the offer from phez

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey all,

Selling my 2017 RS Focus in Perth, just over 30,000km (recently serviced & new front tyres fitted).
$40,000 ONO
Rego until July 2020

Only mods to the car is a ETS intake hard pipe with K&N filter (replaces the plastic intake pipe) & turbosmart recirculating blow off valve (again replaces the plastic factory unit)
Parts included but not fitted are Pumaspeed/Eibach lowered springs, JBR short shift kit & JCR developments seat lowering kit (this is a copy of the genuine item produced locally)

More pics, info or questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
152 Posts
...JCR developments seat lowering kit (this is a copy of the genuine item produced locally)...
I’m interested in who supplied this copy, assuming it’s lower cost than the pricey genuine item. Thanks. PS. Good luck with the sale of your RS.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’m interested in who supplied this copy, assuming it’s lower cost than the pricey genuine item. Thanks. PS. Good luck with the sale of your RS.
Essentially a friend bought the genuine kit & through an engineering workshop friend of his they made copies

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Dont waste your time. I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall and have the JCR unit fitted and seriously its not worth the money or effort. Maybe for the Brits and Americans that dont have the shell seats its a benefit but for us I dont think so. I fitted mine because I bought the kit before I got the car after reading about the high seat height but when I got the car I didnt think it was an issue at all. I fitted the lowering rails in the lowest setting and while it's "different" Its not the "OMG its a totally different driving experience"orthers seem to rave about. I wouldn't even bother to fit one if I got it for free quite honestly. Mines still fitted because I couldnt be bothered taking it out.

Ciao

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dont waste your time....
Thanks Phil, very informative. I asked from curiosity and because I expected general interest if there was some way to lower the seat height with a local product. I’m 5’11’ and ok with the seat height in my 2017.

It’s been rumoured that Ford lowered the 2017 seat by 15mm versus the 2016 and my own visual check of a 2016 seemed to confirm that. I think this is another case of copycat ‘journalism’ perpetuating an opinion from the earliest reviews.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks Phil, very informative. I asked from curiosity and because I expected general interest if there was some way to lower the seat height with a local product. I’m 5’11’ and ok with the seat height in my 2017.

It’s been rumoured that Ford lowered the 2017 seat by 15mm versus the 2016 and my own visual check of a 2016 seemed to confirm that. I think this is another case of copycat ‘journalism’ perpetuating an opinion from the earliest reviews.
Yes I seem to remember something about that as well but my cars a 17 so I haven't been able to compare.. I'm thinking that a lot of the mods and upgrades that people put down as must do are a bit of a waste of time and the quality of some of the aftermarket stuff is questionable, not so much in build quality but the function.
I also have a short shifter still in the box I bought before I got the car that I personally dont think is worth fitting as there's nothing wrong with the standard shift. Anyone want a Boomba short shifter? the style that replaces the gear stick not the gearbox input arm.

Ciao

·
Registered
8 Posts
FOR SALE
Damond Motorsports driver's side engine mount and transmission mount for Focus RS

I had these mounts installed in my RS for only about 1,500km - they are in essentially new condition. I bought these for $905. They markedly reduce engine movement without sacrificing much NVH. All necessary hardware is included.Let me know if you any have questions.

Pricing
$700 for both
$400 for the transmission mount
$350 for the driver's side engine mount

Local pickup, or shipping at buyer's cost.

20200110_114822.jpg
20200110_115022.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
Genuine Ford Focus RS Carbon Fibre Performance Gear Shift Knob RS logo

$170 AUD plus postage

Attachments

321 - 340 of 340 Posts